Our valued sponsor

Best countries for HODLers of crypto (>1yr) to cash out in.....

how can any law be trusted?
Laws are interpreted, not trusted. Welcome to the real world.

You could sever all ties and they still find a reason to keep you resident.
In your case, you have not cut all ties. So yes, they will find a way to take money from you.

Int'l law in these treaties is supposed to trump domestic law
rof/%

“Permanent home” doesn’t mean owning a home. It can mean having accommodation at your disposal, which includes living in a hotel.

Anyway it seems that you already took a decision, I hope luck will be on your side. Otherwise you will learn a thing or two about the law and justice.

Laws are interpreted, not trusted. Welcome to the real world.

In your case, you have not cut all ties. So yes, they will find a way to take money from you.

rof/%

“Permanent home” doesn’t mean owning a home. It can mean having accommodation at your disposal, which includes living in a hotel.

Anyway it seems that you already took a decision, I hope luck will be on your side. Otherwise you will learn a thing or two about the law and justice.
Well I'm going to get one more (expensive) legal opinion and I'll see if this guy tells me something different from the first 2. If he does, I'll post it here.

Well I'm going to get one more (expensive) legal opinion and I'll see if this guy tells me something different from the first 2. If he does, I'll post it here.
Spending all on lawyers is effective of not having to worry about these things, since cash will melt like butter in the sahara desert.

Like @JohnnyDoe mentioned if you maintain your home certs which can only used at your home, its a pretty dope tie and shows you are not serious of emigrating. You cannot leave and go back home working part time.
Maybe maybe after like a few years or so.

You ought to let go of this and get the same cert elsewhere or in your new home, or start an entirely new career.
The world is chaotic right now, its a good time to start smth new.

Last edited:
Spending all on lawyers is effective of not having to worry about these things, since cash will melt like butter in the sahara desert.

Like @JohnnyDoe mentioned if you maintain your home certs which can only used at your home, its a pretty dope tie and shows you are not serious of emigrating. You cannot leave and go back home working part time.
Maybe maybe after like a few years or so.

You ought to let go of this and get the same cert elsewhere or in your new home, or start an entirely new career.
The world is chaotic right now, its a good time to start smth new.
Yes that seems to be the opinion of the senior members here so I do take it seriously
Thanks for the guidance Jack

I remember reading that Montenegro had no tax for crypto holders above 1 year.

Croatia - 2 years, and there is a very active crypto community there

Germany, tax free after 1 year.

Does this mean that you need to be a tax resident in the new country for 1-2 years before you can sell your crypto or do they just check how long you held them, regardless of your previous tax residency?

Latest Threads