Our valued sponsor

Can we take the topic once again, sorry - where to relocate to for almost no tax?

Have a look at Mauritius.
If investing (opening a company) with $375k you can get citizenship after 2 years.
Best of all should the multipolar world be implemented and traveling restricted the mauritian passport is one of the best in my opinion as it allows to travel/relocate to all blocks,
Unfortunately the real estate market is rubbish there

Have a look at Mauritius.
If investing (opening a company) with $375k you can get citizenship after 2 years.
Best of all should the multipolar world be implemented and traveling restricted the mauritian passport is one of the best in my opinion as it allows to travel/relocate to all blocks,
Because of passport colour? what does black mean?

Did you go the Elite visa route? Any thoughts on the new LTR visa? Where in Thailand do you live? I have been eyeing bangkok and planning a visit this coming winter.
Personally, I don't use Elite or consider new LTR - I like to be "under the radar", though I emphasise that I do nothing illegal or even remotely reprehensible. Also depends upon your age - I have a retirement visa (>50).
4 main places in Thailand to consider - Phucket - a relatively expensive beach holiday resort but only 7 months of good weather (has a monsoon), Pattaya a larger, cheaper beach resort close to Bkk, with a better climate and more to do but can be seen as "seedy" to some people, Bkk itself - a huge cosmopolitan city with everything including traffic and all the advantages and disadvantages of a giant city. Hot and steamy though probably not as bad as Singapore. Chiang Mai in the north which has a much slower and quieter pace of life. There are also other cheaper and quieter places if that suits you. VERY cheap to live in the countryside
I live in the countryside 20kms outside Pattaya and 100kms by motorway to the main BKK airport. Great communications and transport links, restaurants, international supermarkets and golf courses. This has suited me perfectly for the last 16 years

Personally, I don't use Elite or consider new LTR - I like to be "under the radar", though I emphasise that I do nothing illegal or even remotely reprehensible. Also depends upon your age - I have a retirement visa (>50).
4 main places in Thailand to consider - Phucket - a relatively expensive beach holiday resort but only 7 months of good weather (has a monsoon), Pattaya a larger, cheaper beach resort close to Bkk, with a better climate and more to do but can be seen as "seedy" to some people, Bkk itself - a huge cosmopolitan city with everything including traffic and all the advantages and disadvantages of a giant city. Hot and steamy though probably not as bad as Singapore. Chiang Mai in the north which has a much slower and quieter pace of life. There are also other cheaper and quieter places if that suits you. VERY cheap to live in the countryside
I live in the countryside 20kms outside Pattaya and 100kms by motorway to the main BKK airport. Great communications and transport links, restaurants, international supermarkets and golf courses. This has suited me perfectly for the last 16 years
Is Thailand visa (elite, retirement...) useful as "paper" tax base for somebody with foreign income from investments (leaving funds abroad or remitting 1 year later) or you actually have to be present there 183 days per year, have some address, renting...? Do you pay any taxes there and have a tax number?

Thai culture is not that difficult to handle, have you been there?

Why do you find it not compatible?
Have not been there and will never enter their boarders. For me Thailand is the most nasty and crucial country in the world. It's for sex-hungry tourists with bestial fantasies.

If they would give me 1000 $ a day I would not come there.

Reactions: 369
Is Thailand visa (elite, retirement...) useful as "paper" tax base for somebody with foreign income from investments (leaving funds abroad or remitting 1 year later) or you actually have to be present there 183 days per year, have some address, renting...? Do you pay any taxes there and have a tax number?

Mazars Thailand - Thai sourced income and residence rules

Quotes:

"An individual will be considered a Thai tax resident in a particular calendar year if he lives in Thailand for 180 days or more in such calendar year."

"If such income is considered foreign sourced income (income derived from work performed outside of Thailand, business conducted outside of Thailand, or property situated outside of Thailand) it will be taxed in Thailand only if: i. an individual is a Thai tax resident; and ii. such individual brings such income into Thailand in the same calendar year that he receives it."

what does „income derived from work performed outside of Thailand“ mean when i live in thailand as a foreigner with an elite visa?

For example you fly to UAE for a week or two, get paid for the work there tax free and come back to Thailand without bringing the money in this year.

In many places, that would be taxable in your country of tax residence but Thailand's territorial system doesn't tax it.

Also, in practice people have been allowed to do online freelancing while in Thailand for foreign clients, without need for Thai tax or a work permit. I don't know if this is just lax or generous treatment of those individuals, or if there is any legal basis to rely on. Personally I wouldn't want risk it at scale, as enforcement can be quite different if you look like you have a lot of money.