Our valued sponsor

Canada LP & Bank Account - but lockdown?

sargent

Aug 1, 2020
Visit site
Hi all. Would really appreciate any help and advice on this...
I have searched and read much about the Canadian/Ontario LP, which is what I need to obtain asap, along with a business bank account with debit card. However, right now during this pandemic climate, I am up against some brick walls.
Obtaining and setting up the LP with an agent, no problem. I can see there are plenty of them. (If you can personally recommend, please do)
However, the bank account looks to be an issue, as it requires a personal visit, which at present is out the question as the borders are closed (I am in the UK)
I really need to avoid travelling to Canada due to shielding, however for business purposes I desperatley need a Canadian bank account with debit card to make payments to suppliers in Canada. Can anyone recommend a route to go? Any contacts?
Any help whatsoever, would be gratefully receieved.
Thankyou

Reactions: JohnLocke
You can always look into Transferwise, they have been working fine for me for a long time.

Mastercard and Visa are international so a debit card will work anywhere in the world.

What is the reason your suppliers want a Canadian address?

Cant you pay them via bank trasnfer?
The supplier we pay in Canada, we suspect, has blocked all banks (BIN) outside of Canada, therefore we are stuck.
I suspect that they have enabled 3DS on their payment gateway meaning that the card and address need to match (wasnt the case before)
No, they are online payments that need to be made with a visa or mastercard.

Latest Threads