Our valued sponsor

Common Reporting Standard / Revolut CRS

kpeter440

Apr 23, 2024
Hungary
Visit site
Hello,

I recently had some gambling income into my Revolut account, which I subsequently sent back to the gambling site and lost. In my home country, this income is taxable even if the money was lost. I understand that Revolut reports information through the Common Reporting Standard.
I’ve heard that only the end-of-year balance and stock-related activities are reported. Can anyone confirm if the actual movement of money, such as my gambling transactions, will also be reported?

Thanks

Reactions: clemens
Can anyone confirm if the actual movement of money, such as my gambling transactions, will also be reported?
can confirm, you better report the account to the tax office before the tax office will get your balance. Once they see it they will request documents from you and the game starts.

can confirm, you better report the account to the tax office before the tax office will get your balance. Once they see it they will request documents from you and the game starts.
I saw some posts here where people said only year end balance gets reported and stock related stuff. So that's not true?

I mean like this post, only year end balance is stated in the report. What do you think about this? @clemens

Last edited:
I saw some posts here where people said only year end balance gets reported and stock related stuff. So that's not true?
It is true, but your tax office won't stop there depending on the amount and how aggressive they are. They can request Revolut to send account statements for the period you have been using them, after that you will have to explain your self.

Reactions: kpeter440
I don't agree with you, the tax offices in some countries are aggressive and even the employees there are not from elite schools and underpaid they are not stupid, they also have AI and if they see an account which you didn't put on your tax filing they request information, ALOT of it.

Maybe if you live in some bana republic, in Russia or the Baltics they may don't care, but you better don't relay on that if you live in countries like Germany, Denmark, Sweden and so on.

I don't agree with you, the tax offices in some countries are aggressive and even the employees there are not from elite schools and underpaid they are not stupid, they also have AI and if they see an account which you didn't put on your tax filing they request information, ALOT of it.

Maybe if you live in some bana republic, in Russia or the Baltics they may don't care, but you better don't relay on that if you live in countries like Germany, Denmark, Sweden and so on.
In Hungary I believe you don’t have to put your Revolut account in your tax filing, so I believe they wouldn’t go after a low end year balance account. What do you think?

We're talking about an account that the taxpayer reports himself on the tax return. If not reported then the risk is higher.

Tax offices in those countries will not ask for all transactions for every foreign account of their residents. They don't even check most transactions for domestic accounts. Sure there's always a risk, but not very big. It's quite common to have a foreign account these days, at least in Europe.

We're talking about an account that the taxpayer reports himself on the tax return. If not reported then the risk is higher.

Tax offices in those countries will not ask for all transactions for every foreign account of their residents. They don't even check most transactions for domestic accounts. Sure there's always a risk, but not very big. It's quite common to have a foreign account these days, at least in Europe.
Man you don't know at all what the heck you are talking about! Misleading people to believe what you just wrote can have completely unforeseen consequences for those who read what you have written and believe it.

But we are, of course, masters of our own will, and we must bear the consequences of our actions in this life. And you are welcome to write what you think and your way of viewing things, so I will leave it up to the reader to decide.

Tax offices in those countries will not ask for all transactions for every foreign account of their residents.
I agree with others BS - I have been living in Denmark for years and got slaughtered by the tax office because they saw all the EMI's I owned even they didn't hold a balance. 4 years later I still in difficulties and left the countries a few years ago!

• Wow
Reactions: cryptofriendly
what did they do to you?
1717509457709.jpeg

It is still bleeding​

• Love
Reactions: clemens