Our valued sponsor

Company formation in EU

bdr

Feb 17, 2022
SA
Visit site
Hello,

I do digital marketing services (as a freelancer next to my daily job), Most of my clients are based in Saudi Arabia.
I want to open a company in any EU country (prefer Netherland or Germany) so I can start receiving money online not in cash.
I'm doing this right now because the new regulation in Saudi Arabia encourages companies to pay the expenses invoice by money transfer. And since I'm not a Saudi citizen I can not form a company here or receive money in my personal account. That is why I'm looking for alternative countries.

Also, I do online courses for digital marketing

So can you anyone could help me by suggesting a solution.

BTW my nationality is Syrian and would like to be able to get a Visa later to visit or handle the business from there directly.

Reactions: clemens and lory
Hello,

I do digital marketing services (as a freelancer next to my daily job), Most of my clients are based in Saudi Arabia.
I want to open a company in any EU country (prefer Netherland or Germany) so I can start receiving money online not in cash.
I'm doing this right now because the new regulation in Saudi Arabia encourages companies to pay the expenses invoice by money transfer. And since I'm not a Saudi citizen I can not form a company here or receive money in my personal account. That is why I'm looking for alternative countries.

Also, I do online courses for digital marketing

So can you anyone could help me by suggesting a solution.

BTW my nationality is Syrian and would like to be able to get a Visa later to visit or handle the business from there directly.
Would you consider Cyprus as an option? Corporate tax 12.5% plus 2.65% on dividend distribution. Happy to PM you about this

Reactions: JohnLocke
Why are you interested in Germany or Netherlands? They are high tax jurisdictions, almost never used by non-residents for operational business companies. Cyprus and Malta are far better options if you want an EU company.

For commerce in the region, UAE is a strong contender.
I've friends over there and they will help me later. and I'm preparing an E-commerce website with new Idea.
Also, I'm considering relocating to Netherland or Germany after I establish the business.

I've friends over there and they will help me later. and I'm preparing an E-commerce website with new Idea.
Also, I'm considering relocating to Netherland or Germany after I establish the business.
There is almost 0 reasons to incorporate there unless you are sure that you will relocate and make use of local resources. You should incorporate offshore and if you decide that you need a NL or DE company then do that later. Check the tax stuff. While you stay in the gulf you will pay 0% tax with an offshore company with either no tax or a territorial system.

Reactions: lory
I need
There is almost 0 reasons to incorporate there unless you are sure that you will relocate and make use of local resources. You should incorporate offshore and if you decide that you need a NL or DE company then do that later. Check the tax stuff. While you stay in the gulf you will pay 0% tax with an offshore company with either no tax or a territorial system.
Since my nationality as Syrian is a big red flag. I want to create a business history in NL or DE. So I can relocate later by getting an invitation letter from my company (if that make sense)

* English is not my main language so I'm trying my best to be clear

I need

Since my nationality as Syrian is a big red flag. I want to create a business history in NL or DE. So I can relocate later by getting an invitation letter from my company (if that make sense)

* English is not my main language so I'm trying my best to be clear
Have you actually discussed that with an immigration lawyer?

Your english is 95% fluent don't worry

Reactions: RealDude
Have you actually discussed that with an immigration lawyer?

Your english is 95% fluent don't worry

Yes, he told me if my company has paid tax history I "might" get an ID to be a resident.

Sounds a little like economic refugee…
I am also contributing to the EU by import and export, that is what we should call it win-win situation.
one of my clients here is preparing personal care products from UK and Italy.

Yes, he told me if my company has paid tax history I "might" get an ID to be a resident.

I am also contributing to the EU by import and export, that is what we should call it win-win situation.
one of my clients here is preparing personal care products from UK and Italy.
I would NOT rely on a scheme like that. It's very risky. Try to see what kind of visas you can get your hands on for example vocational school e.g. go through that for a couple of years until you can qualify for long term residency/permanent residency visas

If you are going to contribute to NL/DE and actually integrate well into society I thank you in advance. Lots of bad stuff going on here due to the migrant crisis.

Understood, if the motivation is familial/social then the high costs and taxes of Germany and Netherlands make sense. But immigration is very difficult. I wouldn't bet on a maybe. Discuss it with other immigration attorneys and explore your options. Make sure they can provide a detailed plan that goes from company start to successful immigration. Chances are they can't do that...

Cyprus offers a clear path if you can purchase a property for at least 300,000 EUR and show an income of 30,000 EUR/year. There are programs like that in Germany and Netherlands but they are far less streamlined and more open to interpretation.

Simply forming a one-person company and operating it remotely is not going to impress German and Dutch immigration authorities much. They reserve immigration through entrepreneurship for companies that provide jobs and contribute to the local economy (in more ways than just tax).

Reactions: RealDude
I would NOT rely on a scheme like that. It's very risky. Try to see what kind of visas you can get your hands on for example vocational school e.g. go through that for a couple of years until you can qualify for long term residency/permanent residency visas

If you are going to contribute to NL/DE and actually integrate well into society I thank you in advance. Lots of bad stuff going on here due to the migrant crisis.

I know, and I don't want to travel and be useless to the country, my situation here is very good (salary and my personal clients) but the government here is encouraging businesses to deal with local citizens and companies only and we are losing a big amount since we can not open a company unless we pay huge amount of money as investors.
(if you read about people who left the country "Saudi Arabia" in the last couple of years you will be amazed).

I do not want to relocate till the company is well established and the income can provide a healthy life for me and my family with no help whatsoever.
but plan B should be ready :)

Be prepared to be questioned (grilled) by immigration authorities. I can also imagine that you will have to make considerable investments…
If the company is running the ID might allow me to live in DE or NL.

Understood, if the motivation is familial/social then the high costs and taxes of Germany and Netherlands make sense. But immigration is very difficult. I wouldn't bet on a maybe. Discuss it with other immigration attorneys and explore your options. Make sure they can provide a detailed plan that goes from company start to successful immigration. Chances are they can't do that...

Cyprus offers a clear path if you can purchase a property for at least 300,000 EUR and show an income of 30,000 EUR/year. There are programs like that in Germany and Netherlands but they are far less streamlined and more open to interpretation.

Simply forming a one-person company and operating it remotely is not going to impress German and Dutch immigration authorities much. They reserve immigration through entrepreneurship for companies that provide jobs and contribute to the local economy (in more ways than just tax).

Thank you for the info.

I feel like we are getting off the topic.
Anyone has an idea of a company or lawyer that can help me to set up a company in DE or NL?

I know, and I don't want to travel and be useless to the country, my situation here is very good (salary and my personal clients) but the government here is encouraging businesses to deal with local citizens and companies only and we are losing a big amount since we can not open a company unless we pay huge amount of money as investors.
(if you read about people who left the country "Saudi Arabia" in the last couple of years you will be amazed).

I do not want to relocate till the company is well established and the income can provide a healthy life for me and my family with no help whatsoever.
but plan B should be ready :)

If the company is running the ID might allow me to live in DE or NL.

Thank you for the info.

I feel like we are getting off the topic.
Anyone has an idea of a company or lawyer that can help me to set up a company in DE or NL?
What do you think about the UAE? you can setup a freezone company and get a residency visa very easily there. Also, I would really hold off on setting up a company in those two countries unless you are sure you will get a visa. I'm sorry but I REALLY doubt that you will get a visa based off of that. A lot of people have some kind of entities in EU countries but I don't think there's any way to get residency just from that. You must understand that you need a LONG TERM visa. Not just a "business visa" which will last maybe 6 months and after that you're out. Don't try to set up a company right now, instead, go and talk to more immigration lawyers and tell them your intentions. I think your best bet is enrolling in lets say, a German language course + university program. Seriously, visa stuff is not easy. You need to know what visas you need, you probably will need multiple to work your way into PR/naturalization (if you don't know those terms you're in trouble!).

What visa did your lawyer say you might get with a company? Could you give me the code? e.g. D visa

Here's some stuff I found:

It mentions that you should set aside at least 80,000€ for the initial capital & fees for the best chance at visa approval. It also mentions hiring 5 Germans.

Cyprus, Malta, Slovenia, Czech Republic and Ireland would be easier.
Once you have a Schengen you can move about. Unfortunately being Syrian is a major red flag especially for NL and DE.

I would suggest you speak to their consulates in SA and find out from them directly what is required.

Cyprus, Malta, Slovenia, Czech Republic and Ireland would be easier.
Once you have a Schengen you can move about. Unfortunately being Syrian is a major red flag especially for NL and DE.

I would suggest you speak to their consulates in SA and find out from them directly what is required.
Hey, do you know if its true that Portugal does not require permanent residency to naturalize? I've heard that with the residency by investment program you can get citizenship after 5 years with just staying a few days/weeks a year? If so then this could be another possibility

I’m not familiar with the Portugal program as my clients do not want to wait that long.
St Kitts and Grenada have been good to us but Vanuatu has been our best seller. Majority of my clients hold pretty strong passports and are just looking for a Plan B. These are normally part of a bigger structure.

Reactions: KDX