Our valued sponsor

Company In Estonia, Residence in Portugal

Bibo

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I am new here :)

I am working online as advertising expert and business strategist. I basically can work anywhere. I would love to relocate in Portugal and I was thinking to open an Estonian company since I know the beaureocracy is very limited and profits are not taxed unless distributed.
I also heard about non habitual resident program in Portugal which should allow me not to pay any taxes for 10 years. Does anyone know which would be the best way to pay myself? Dividends or Salary? and how to avoid any problems with my current country ( IT)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me some useful tips :)

Bibo

If you are tax exempted, you won't have to pay taxes on your salaries, but i higly doubt that this is even possible within the EU, cause to wave social taxes in Estonia, you will have to provide an A1 form - meaning that social taxes are paid in Portugal (So taxes have to be paid somewhere). You can consult the official page of the european union for further info : https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/work/social-security-forms/contact_points_pd_a1.pdf.

thanks for your answer. Anyone who can clarify this point ? because I heard different opinions on the subject

Hi all, I am new here :)

I am working online as advertising expert and business strategist. I basically can work anywhere. I would love to relocate in Portugal and I was thinking to open an Estonian company since I know the beaureocracy is very limited and profits are not taxed unless distributed.
I also heard about non habitual resident program in Portugal which should allow me not to pay any taxes for 10 years. Does anyone know which would be the best way to pay myself? Dividends or Salary? and how to avoid any problems with my current country ( IT)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me some useful tips :)

Bibo
Bibo did you at the end follow your plan and move to Portugal and set up your business in Estonia. If yes how does it work in practice I mean taxes

Bibo did you at the end follow your plan and move to Portugal and set up your business in Estonia. If yes how does it work in practice I mean taxes
It's an old thread but still interesting and your question is valid, I'm curious too ;)

It's an old thread but still interesting and your question is valid, I'm curious too ;)
If you know anything about taxes, then you should realize that the total tax % depends on a lot of factors, but...
A possible solution is to set up a nominee structure that would allow you to run your business tax-free (meaning no corporate tax until you distribute income), and when you need to withdraw funds from your company we can provide locally compliant payroll services through separate entities in most countries of the world (except very high-risk ones) for from around ~400 EUR per one month or payment if its one-time contract. This way you would not have any direct links to your company in terms of management, which would help to mitigate the potential permanent establishment risks you might have other ways, at least on paper. Note that local payroll taxes would apply then if applicable.

What is your citizenship ? Beware the profits in Estonia still be tax by your home country
My Citizenship is Polish and British. Why my profits would be taxed in Portugal? If I don't withdraw them from the company and company is based in Estonia this is where it is taxed. If I withdraw income me (as I am based in Portugal) would be taxed there this is how it works (I think)

My Citizenship is Polish and British. Why my profits would be taxed in Portugal? If I don't withdraw them from the company and company is based in Estonia this is where it is taxed. If I withdraw income me (as I am based in Portugal) would be taxed there this is how it works (I think)
this approach is great. How about take out the profit in Estonia in form of salary ? Also, could you share some experience on Estonia banking. I am interested to set up a ltd in Estonia, my main customers are from UK and US.

this approach is great. How about take out the profit in Estonia in form of salary ? Also, could you share some experience with Estonia banking? I am interested to set up an ltd in Estonia, my main customers are from UK and US.
It's possible to open accounts with electronic money institutes remotely. For local banks you need to go to Estonia in most cases.

Latest Threads