Our valued sponsor

Costa Rica Incorporation Services

Hi, so first off, I'm new to this forum and have a question regarding how I should go about forming my incorporation in Costa Rica. I currently live in USA and the banks and merchant accounts here have given me hell to put it nicely. I originally incorporated my company in Wyoming due to the very friendly business laws, no state income tax, clear legislation regarding my industry, etc. The problem has been the banks and merchant accounts. Me and my business partner who lives in the UK have an online skill gaming platform where users can play against each other for cash prizes. The banks here don't want to touch this industry for several reasons. They don't know how to differentiate between skill gaming and gambling and therefore say my industry is operating illegally or they think my industry is too high risk with chargebacks, fraud etc. So I've spent the last 2 weeks to no avail calling 100's of banks, credit unions, and merchant accounts only to get denied by every single one. I'm now planning to dissolve the Wyoming Corporation and go the offshore route.

From my research, Costa Rica seems to be the best bet, no pun intended. Costa Rica, as you all know is like many tax havens for offshore companies and offer a zero personal tax and zero corporate tax for all foreign income earned. They also have the least costs for getting and maintaining an 'online gambling' license, which is actually just a data processing license. Of course, our business won't be engaging in 'gambling' since it is skill gaming wagering, but we do eventually want to get into the 'gambling' side of things, so a license wouldn't hurt.

To make a long story short, has anyone on this forum used any incorporation services for forming a corporation in Costa Rica that are reliable and not a scam. I've been having trouble finding any reviews on google surrounding any of these incorporation companies. Also what has been your experience in getting a bank account for an online gambling business? I'm aware Costa Rica doesn't allow you to open a bank account for an online gambling business in its country. Will it be hard to secure a bank account somewhere else? Will a passport, articles of incorporation, and a license from my home country be sufficient to open an offshore bank account? What about a payment gateway/merchant account? Please someone help as I've been completely stressed for the past 2 weeks just trying to get this sorted. I want to just focus on my company and begin to grow it.

Look forward to any help anyone can give me. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: JohnK
Welcome aboard OP.

NOTE: If someone know a reliable and trusted company please post here including your experience.. don't start to spam the thread! Thanks ;)

Reactions: Emily Rimlins
There is no "license" in Costa Rica. So getting a bank account there for for your Costa Rican "gambling" (&offshore) SA is also nearly impossible.

Depending on your revenue stream and available cash you could opt for Curaçao. E-gaming company only has 2% profit tax,
you can get a gambling sublicense (expect to $20k orso setup and some k's per month 'maintenance') and a local bank account. Your gaming engine needs to be audited.

Malta is a more expensive route.

I've heard a data license isn't even required since it's not regulated at all. What about Belize? Isn't Belize cheaper than Curacao and has no tax at all just like Costa Rica. I believe last time I checked a gambling license in Belize was around 15k for first year and 10k annual renewal.

Is Bank of Cyprus a bank that accepts costa rican gambling companies? WHAT ARE THE BEST BANKS AND MERCHANT ACCOUNTS/GATEWAYS FOR A COSTA RICAN GAMBLING COMPANY?
Please don't use capslock!! BoC will not accept Gambling companies from Belize even if they have a license.

Surely with a regulated license from Belize, it would be much easier finding a bank and I believe Belize opens gambling bank accounts in their own country

You doing it the wrong way.

Make a list of requirements.

Find the most difficult requirement. (this probably will be banking, getting a current account and getting a psp).

Find banks/psp that cater to your niche.

Find the jurisdictions they service.

Choose the most fitting jurisdiction out of those.

This might be suboptimal from a tax point of view, but a zero-tax jurisdiction and no bank will bring you nothing ....

Reactions: inty and JohnK