Our valued sponsor

Credit Card application outside bank?

enceladus

BANNED MEMBER
Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I have a corporation in the BVI and a bank account in a US bank. They provide me with a very simple VISA card, which sucks (no rewards program, no online statement, frequent problems). They don't have a better offer for their corporate customers at the moment.

Is it possible to apply somehow for a Platinum VISA / Mastercard card if not through my own bank? Is there any EMI which will offer something similar for a BVI company?

Is the US bank in the name of the offshore BVI company, or is it the company also registered in a US state?
I think it will be hard to get a credit card with good benefits for the offshore company from another bank unless you bank with them. You can get a cc after you've build a history with the bank.

It's going to be difficult, is this BVI company a new registration or did you have had the company for a long time?

What bank do you currently bank with, is it a smaller one ? Have you tried getting an account at one of the banks that offer good credit cards? It might help if you bring your US banking history, but might still be hard today to set up a new account for a BVI registered business.

The ones that have good credit cards - Bank of America, Chase, Citibank - I know it was possible in the past to open offshore accounts with them, but it might not be possible anymore.
Do you require the card to be under the name of the company, or can a personal credit card work? Bank of America did give me an unsecured personal cc after having a checking account with them for 4 years. started at $1500 credit, now increased to 20k. This card gives 1.65% cash back.
I remember I looked at Sabadell previously, I think I saw that they require a quite high deposit to avoid high fees, is that the case for you? Do you also use them for (personal) wealth management or just for a checking account for the BVI company?

I have a secured CC under company name at Sabadell, and another one for personal use. The personal is great (AMEX Platinum) but the corporate sucks. I'd like another CC, for the business, with cashback if possible. It can be secured.