Our valued sponsor

credit payments acceptance with dummy website. Consequences?

Laura

May 17, 2018
Visit site
I want to accept CreditCard payments for my business. The business is considered high risk and so I'm not accepted by the majority of of psps.
I want to send a payment link via email once people ordered from my website and used the CC method during the checkout process. This will be done manually, but for the moment I expect it to be the best possible way.

I'm curious to know, if someone goes this route, what the consequences will be when the psp finds out that the link is used to buy stuff it is not intended for.
And do people normally use their own ID when they apply with such a provider? I'm not familiar with the process currently, but want to avoid making crucial mistakes which might put my business venture to legal risk.

thanks

I want to accept CreditCard payments for my business. The business is considered high risk and so I'm not accepted by the majority of of psps.
I want to send a payment link via email once people ordered from my website and used the CC method during the checkout process. This will be done manually, but for the moment I expect it to be the best possible way.

I'm curious to know, if someone goes this route, what the consequences will be when the psp finds out that the link is used to buy stuff it is not intended for.
And do people normally use their own ID when they apply with such a provider? I'm not familiar with the process currently, but want to avoid making crucial mistakes which might put my business venture to legal risk.

thanks
If you are involved in bitcoins visit this link and see if it will be of assist you with your issues. Crypterium — Cryptobank for Cryptopeople

As soon as you will have first chargeback, you will have problems for sure.

Not sure if this is true. I hear this a lot, but if this would be the case most High risk businesses would be fucked. A member on this forum in another thread pointed out that a chargeback isn't a problem as long as you don't dispute it.

If you are using stripe the worst what can happend is that they can hold the funds for 3-6 months.

Own experience?
What about the registration process? I'm particularly interested in the checkout process and the use of personal details for registration of other creative ways.

Not sure if this is true. I hear this a lot, but if this would be the case most High risk businesses would be fucked. A member on this forum in another thread pointed out that a chargeback isn't a problem as long as you don't dispute it.
This depends on what exactly your business is. In some cases the balance is held for 90 days and then released. In other cases there is a risk of you having to pay penalty fee. Don't dispute the chargebacks, just refund every one of them.

Yes I am telling it from my own experience but it was while ago. About the registration there are vendors that are selling ready made accounts for like 100-150 USD.

Ok I'm inclined to ask more question, but will do some research first before commenting.
Can you send me a pm? I'm interested in your sig.

This member may not know what the hell he is talking about. Bakc in 1999 this may have been the case but if you think that Visa and MasterCard including the acquiring banks are that stupid you are wrong.

For high risk merchants, chargeback will be an issue. It will be smart not to dispute it but still high chargeback counts will bring in unwanted attentions.
The consequence of using dummy sites will be penalty, funds being tied up and being blacklisted by card network

I am interested in your SIGNATURE
Credit Card processing solutions for All High Risk Businesses

Could you send me a PM to discuss it?

Hey. Have you solved your problem with accepting payments on a dummy website?
I now faced the same problem. I will be very grateful if you share the advice.

Reactions: suzy