Our valued sponsor

CRS for crypto exchange?

Var12

Oct 23, 2020
Visit site
Dear friends, I have a doubt! If I register on Binance, Kukoin or other similar platforms by doing KYC with my documents, do I run the risk of being subject to the automatic exchange of CRS only for FIAT deposit? Or also for crypto deposits? If I deposit crypto I shouldn't be reported, right?

Or also for crypto deposits? If I deposit crypto I shouldn't be reported, right?

Exchanges share data all the time if a John Doe request is made. If reporting takes place makes no difference whether you deposit crypto or bananas as a MTM (Mark to Market) valuation into fiat is what counts. Why???? Because that's how capital gains if owed would be calculated in trading activity...no different to stocks. Depending on the country you live you DO NOT need to go from crypto to fiat to owe capital gains as it is often calculated at point of disposal i.e exchange for another crypto at the MTM price at the time.

My question refers to the automatic exchange CRS not to the direct request of the authorities. So crypto exchanges today wouldn't be automatically reported, right?

correct. What I wrote above is how crypto exchanges currently operate. If it's not fiat, they won't report anything unless they have been asked.

Ok thank you very much. I have about 35k that I want to protect in encryption. I don't want to lose anything, so I will diversify by buying the most important stablecoins. I will invest a part of it on Estateguru. How about? Anyone have any other safe ideas to protect these small savings without losing them?