Our valued sponsor

crs report for corporation

nakamura

May 8, 2023
japan
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I really appreciate the information which you guys share and It is really helpful to study.

I have a question about the CRS rule.

I am Asian but living in the EU and have been doing ecommerce business for a long time.

I plan to leave this country to Asia soon

Under the CRS regulations, what is exactly triggers that banks share the information of the company account with foreign authorities and report the information?

Let`s say there is a company in A (EUROPEAN UNION). and the director opens a company account in B country.

Then the bank in B will report and share the information with A tax authority right?

My question is,

Let`s say, there is a shareholder who has shares more than 25% of the company. The shareholder does not have a private account in A. but has a private account in B. and his tax residency is B as well.

In this case, B will report the information to A under the CRS rule as the shareholder has more than 25% of shares?

I think that B will not report anything because the shareholder does not have any account in A.

I am a little confused.

The reason why I am asking this is because I want to set up a new company in Asia. My EU company will make profit in the EU and a new company in Asia will make profit in Asia separately but I am wondering if the EU country regards it as CFC and try to charge the new company in Asia the TAX. My tax residency will be changed soon. How is it gonna be?

Please help to understand the rule.

Thank you

Let`s say, there is a shareholder who has shares more than 25% of the company. The shareholder does not have a private account in A. but has a private account in B. and his tax residency is B as well.

In this case, B will report the information to A under the CRS rule as the shareholder has more than 25% of shares?

I think that B will not report anything because the shareholder does not have any account in A.

Whatever account the shareholder has his name on will be reported to his resident country....end off.

The reason why I am asking this is because I want to set up a new company in Asia. My EU company will make profit in the EU and a new company in Asia will make profit in Asia separately but I am wondering if the EU country regards it as CFC and try to charge the new company in Asia the TAX. My tax residency will be changed soon. How is it gonna be?

CRS reporting is bank account based. Whether a company is considered a CFC is determined by the laws and thresholds of your specific EU country where you will be living at the time of ownership.

Reactions: Onassis
Reactions: Martin Everson