Our valued sponsor

Crypto friendly countries

Hi,

If you going to use uncle google or youtube you will quickly find loads of content/videos talking about Crypto friendly countries and very often they are mentioning places like Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia, Portugal, Cayman Islands etc..... but for some reason (and I am hoping to get enlighten here) no on talks about Netherlands where there is no capital gains tax on your crypto profits - any idea why?

M.

Hi,

If you going to use uncle google or youtube you will quickly find loads of content/videos talking about Crypto friendly countries and very often they are mentioning places like Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia, Portugal, Cayman Islands etc..... but for some reason (and I am hoping to get enlighten here) no on talks about Netherlands where there is no capital gains tax on your crypto profits - any idea why?

M.
Read the full article, think and understand -> Guide to Crypto Taxes in the Netherlands

Reactions: mikestachurski
Read the full article, think and understand -> Guide to Crypto Taxes in the Netherlands

I am aware of wealth tax which is more like 1.5%-1.75% annually and it is applicable on any asset not only strictly related to crypto. In my opinion it is still better than 15-20% sometimes more (depending on the country) capital gains tax you have to pay and if you offset your wealth with debt you don't really pay wealth tax in NL

Switzerland is crypto friendly, so Dubai is.

Hi,

M.
Netherlands is deffo not crypto friendly tax-wise, as much as portugal wasnt even before new tax announcement. If your main source of income is coming from crypto, you will be taxed about 45% in both countries (assuming highest braket). Main source of income means even 3 trades a year, as long as that makes the majority of your income. So if you trade pennies and have a stable job, then go ahead, otherwise both countries are to avoid. the misinformation on the topic is incredible. I wonder how many people moved to PT in the last few years and have not realised that they are very likely liable for a massive tax bill and their only hope is the incompetence of the portuguese tax man