Our valued sponsor

Crypto friendly countries

Hi,

If you going to use uncle google or youtube you will quickly find loads of content/videos talking about Crypto friendly countries and very often they are mentioning places like Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia, Portugal, Cayman Islands etc..... but for some reason (and I am hoping to get enlighten here) no on talks about Netherlands where there is no capital gains tax on your crypto profits - any idea why?

M.

Hi,

If you going to use uncle google or youtube you will quickly find loads of content/videos talking about Crypto friendly countries and very often they are mentioning places like Dubai, Singapore, Malaysia, Portugal, Cayman Islands etc..... but for some reason (and I am hoping to get enlighten here) no on talks about Netherlands where there is no capital gains tax on your crypto profits - any idea why?

M.
Read the full article, think and understand -> Guide to Crypto Taxes in the Netherlands

Reactions: mikestachurski
Switzerland is crypto friendly, so Dubai is.

Hi,

M.
Netherlands is deffo not crypto friendly tax-wise, as much as portugal wasnt even before new tax announcement. If your main source of income is coming from crypto, you will be taxed about 45% in both countries (assuming highest braket). Main source of income means even 3 trades a year, as long as that makes the majority of your income. So if you trade pennies and have a stable job, then go ahead, otherwise both countries are to avoid. the misinformation on the topic is incredible. I wonder how many people moved to PT in the last few years and have not realised that they are very likely liable for a massive tax bill and their only hope is the incompetence of the portuguese tax man

Latest Threads