Our valued sponsor

Delaware LLC with Maltese Bank Account?

Rachel

Jan 3, 2019
Visit site
Hi Everyone,
So much information here, I am more confused than previously! Wanted to ask if anyone had any experience of setting up an LLC in Delaware with more then 1 member? We have 10 and whilst the set up seems easy, the banking side of it isn't, seeing as you seem to now have to physically visit the US to open up a bank account. I am finding it very difficult to get quality information from the banks, such as Capital One and Axos, as to allowing 1 nominated individual from the 10 to be allowed to open the account. All 10 cannot visit the States.

So, I am looking at other options, such as Malta, but again am really unsure of the same.....

Does anyone out there have any helpful advice or tips to offer? The other option suggested was to set the LLC up as a Corporation, but it seems less flexible formation wise, and we are not interested in having Directors, Managers etc etc.

Thank you in advance!

Nothing is taxable in US if there are no income in US. Lot of people do not know basic such as Income versus money.

@Rachel,

Just open with 1 member, you can add other members later but you will need get member approval and signatures too . This is a strategy in fact many big companies do in Industry scale.

Reactions: fshore and Rachel
Nothing is taxable in US if there are no income in US. Lot of people do not know basic such as Income versus money.

@Rachel,

Just open with 1 member, you can add other members later but you will need get member approval and signatures too . This is a strategy in fact many big companies do in Industry scale.
You made me read up on this again, and you are right it seems like a US partnership is also only taxed in us source and effective connected income. Thanks! But it seems like the partnership has to file a tax return anyway, and it might be a little harder to convince irs about it, compared to a sole member llc where you don't have to file if no income (except form 5472).

Reactions: niggashit

Latest Threads