Our valued sponsor

Delaware over Wyoming to get a normal, non-neo bank account?

Asterion

Oct 26, 2021
United Kingdom
Visit site
Hello!

I have engaged with a few providers for a Wyoming LLC. None seem to offer a bank opening service with a "real" bank.

At the same time I keep on reading some horror stories about Wise and, presumably, other neobanks...

Would getting a real bank account with a normal bank easier (or rather, at all possible) with a Delaware LLC, given how much more developed the business services seem to be in DE compared to WY?

Note, I can't transfer my Wise/neobank money to bank accounts I already have because that'd give me trouble as a Red Non-Dom in the UK. Essentially, that money will have to stay in the US for the time being. So having a backup neobank could probaby help. But a real bank would be more reliable anyway, I guess.

Any thoughts?

You need to go to the bank in person. It helps if your LLC is registered in the same state as the bank branch you go to. Some banks also require that they have branches in the state where your LLC is registered.
Bankers in Miami are very used to foreign clients. In FL it really helps with a FL registered LLC.
Still, in NYC it has generally worked to open accounts for other state registered LLCs.