Our valued sponsor

Display other company name on website than on Stripe account?

No, it's not very rare. It's just that once you're on there, you need to work with increasingly dodgy and creative solutions. You can also be removed from the MATCH list (formerly TMF), so it's not always a permanent mark on your record.

As GAC touches on, they might just be legitimate businesses with all necessary licenses and legal arrangements in place.

I know especially Danish companies which are working with Sweepstakes, they have many complaints from customers but keep running their offers for years. For them, it seems that its no hiding or any dodgy tactics since they are processing payments with their own company name and everything.

Other companies in the Sweepstakes field are more dodgy with 20-30 UK ltds and Cyprus companies to constantly Switch merchant accounts between the companies.

Very simply put, the example of the companies using 20-30 set ups are running a scam. Your Danish example is a legitimate business. With 24 years dealing with the processing industry specifically high risk, I have seen it all. I can get a merchant account for anyone, even if they are selling air.. lol...

Yes, just interesting that the Danish "legit business" can keep running their Sweepstakes, can imagine the chargeback percent around 5% easily. They probably keeping the percent under 1% by adding own micro transactions to their accounts. I might need a good merchant account soon for another high risk business, what can you recommend?

Isn't it only the descriptor shown to customers?

That descriptor is supposed to help users identify the transaction. So if they are buying from ABC.com, the descriptor should say that, even if ABC.com is owned by 123 LLC.

There's no need to put 123 LLC in the descriptor. That's how I do it and I've never had issues.

A dynamic descriptor can be anything the merchant wants up to 32 characters. It is always best to avoid confusion and unwanted calls to list it as what the customer see's on your website with the c.s. phone number. Static descriptors are from an aggregate solution and merchant has no say in what it reads on the customers CC statement. This is where on the billing page of the shopping cart, it will say "your transaction is being processed by xyz company"

A dynamic descriptor can be anything the merchant wants up to 32 characters. It is always best to avoid confusion and unwanted calls to list it as what the customer see's on your website with the c.s. phone number. Static descriptors are from an aggregate solution and merchant has no say in what it reads on the customers CC statement. This is where on the billing page of the shopping cart, it will say "your transaction is being processed by xyz company"

Yes, so he can maintain moderate privacy by not listing the actual company name (123 LLC) in the dynamic descriptor.

A customer would need to visit the website mentioned in the descriptor (ABC.com) and determine that 123 LLC is behind it from the T&C's.

Not sure why everyone is hellbound on confusing the guy with wishy-washy lengthy responses.

Yes, so he can maintain moderate privacy by not listing the actual company name (123 LLC) in the dynamic descriptor.

A customer would need to visit the website mentioned in the descriptor (ABC.com) and determine that 123 LLC is behind it from the T&C's.

Not sure why everyone is hellbound on confusing the guy with wishy-washy lengthy responses.

My queetion was if i could have another company name in the T&C, different from the company name registered with Stripe.

Maybe state somewhere on the website that Company 1 provides the website and Company 2 manages payments.

Reactions: andres33
What will happen is they will suspend your account if they find an issue until you can successfully answer their questions. If you cannot provide the answer to their liking, your account will be closed. I already described what you need to do earlier to protect yourself.

Yes, i know. You think this would be ok, right?:

Stripe:

Company Ltd., XXX XXX XXX, Address

On website / T&C:

Company LLC, XXX XXX XXX, Address

If i have a e-commerce store which are using Stripe for payments, is it possible to display a different company name on the e-commerce website (For the customer to see / contact info) than the company that are registered on the Stripe account? Or will it be any issues with Stripe?

Its all legitimate but i prefer to display one of my other company names on the website other than the company name Registered on Stripe.
it is well possible but your chargeback rate may increase if you do that since the customer may not recognize the charge on his credit card and do a chargeback because he does not remember what he paid for!

it is well possible but your chargeback rate may increase if you do that since the customer may not recognize the charge on his credit card and do a chargeback because he does not remember what he paid for!

Please, stop misguiding if you don't know what you're talking about.

The descriptor is what needs to match the website so buyers can recognize it. Stripe account can be registered to anything else.

Reactions: John Andrews
Please, stop misguiding if you don't know what you're talking about.

The descriptor is what needs to match the website so buyers can recognize it. Stripe account can be registered to anything else.
bulls**t, you spread nonsense here.. If people follow your advise they will get a hell of lots of chargebacks.

Attacking people here on the forum is a bad idea, I speak from experience.