Our valued sponsor

Question Dividends as non dom in cyprus

Dividends are not subject to personal income tax and as a non-dom you are excluded from the SDC.
makes it a perfect place to relocate for people willing to do so, good weather, low tax, and affordable properties on the waterfront ;)

Hi all!

If I move to Cyprus and live solely from foreign dividends (the only tax I will pay only 2.65% NHIS contribution) will it give me full access to Cyprus national health care services? By "full" I mean basically the same way as for the people on the payroll.

Thanks
Access to healthcare is facilitated by paying social contributions on a salary or by being retired. You can pay yourself a minimal salary although it should be reasonably commensurate with your lifestyle.

Hi Everyone,

Just to add my 2 cents,

Dividends for non doms are not subject to tax but they are subject to the newly introduced Yesy contributions;

Another thing to consider is paying yourself a salary from your company, which would allow you a tax free amount of up to 19,500 Eur in annual salary. This essentially would be deducted from your profits as an expense so will not suffer the 12.5% corporate tax.

There may other options available for reducing the 12.5% corporate tax, but these require further planning and depend on your actual operation.

I hope this helps,

Good Luck!
Lawyer101

Hi Everyone,

Just to add my 2 cents,

Dividends for non doms are not subject to tax but they are subject to the newly introduced Yesy contributions;

Another thing to consider is paying yourself a salary from your company, which would allow you a tax free amount of up to 19,500 Eur in annual salary. This essentially would be deducted from your profits as an expense so will not suffer the 12.5% corporate tax.

There may other options available for reducing the 12.5% corporate tax, but these require further planning and depend on your actual operation.

I hope this helps,

Good Luck!
Lawyer101
You can pay a salary but you will forkout this:
  • 16.6% social security
  • 1.2% redundancy
  • 0.5% training & development
  • 2.0% Special Cohesion Fund
  • 4.75% NHS rates
This makes for a grand total of 25.1%, which is a lot more than 12.5% plus the 2.65% Gesy on Dividends.

Reactions: anotherone
You can pay a salary but you will forkout this:
  • 16.6% social security
  • 1.2% redundancy
  • 0.5% training & development
  • 2.0% Special Cohesion Fund
  • 4.75% NHS rates
This makes for a grand total of 25.1%, which is a lot more than 12.5% plus the 2.65% Gesy on Dividends.

Thanks orrange kangaroo for point that out. That is correct!

Having said that, these dues provide for a rather direct receiving of benefits since you can claim claim pension after some time, get a redundancy pay if you ever go bust or cannot work in the company+ free medical access.

so if one has to pay GESY(healthcare) from dividends but is not allowed to get healthCARE from it, how is that legal? you pay for healthcare you cannot receive???? makes no sense. and i do not believe it. healthcare and social security are two very different things.

Just to add my 2 cents,

I hope this helps,

Good Luck!
Lawyer101
What the point of Cyprus if you have to pay tax? Many countries have tax free minimums.
It's also an Island. I don't really see the advantages of Cyprus comparing to UAE

For every natural person, the total maximum annual amount on which contributions will be paid is € 180,000.

so max gesy is about 4800 euro. WHich basically means you got health care for that ? so good deal?

ok, it was just heliotrope in this trhead, who stated that multiple times. not multiple people.
Two different things are being confused.

You pay a 2.65% tax on dividends for the general upkeep of the health system. But this does not entitle you to (free) use of the health system. As for whether this is fair, people pay for plenty of things via their taxes for which they don't get a direct benefit. Do you expect a free stay in prison given that your taxes indirectly pay for their upkeep?

If you're retired, or paying social security contributions, you can benefit from free health care.