Our valued sponsor

DLS-Dubai.com (Fred) - Reviews

Okay, time to give Fred and DLS Dubai another absolutely awesome review!

Wow, so let me start at the beginning and describe my situation and tell you the story.

So I left Canada last year with my Russian wife and kids, mainly because of all the weird stuff going on there surrounding covid and just the general mood of things. My wife wanted to go to Russia to be with her family, so I said why not; let's do it!

I had to throw my job in at the end of the year and instead set up my own company, an offshore US LLC; I'm an app developer and was really excited. I had contracts, money was coming in, and things were great. Only a month after this, the war happened. The mood darkened, kitchen talks with the misses were no longer about exciting prospects and possibilities, but more on how we would handle things if there were problems with the business or cashflow etc. I'm not Russian, but sanctions were to hit me too, because I was residing there. One of my accounts got frozen unfortunately, and at the end of July, my registered agent in the US sent me a 30 day notice of resignation; they could no longer provide their services because of my location. My heart sank and palms got sweaty.

Truth be told, even in January I was thinking of ways around this, part of me had this distant feeling that I might end up with problems for living there. I'd looked into Singapore and Hong Kong as a solution; I'd spoken with AirCorporate and Aspire. But there just wasn't anything there, it felt distant really. Then shopping around I saw Dubai as an option, but didn't think anything of it and tossed over an email to some business formation company. It literally wasn't even on my radar.

Then I found this forum, started digging, fell down the rabbit hole and clicked over to DLS Dubai. As soon as I found out that you could actually get residency just from opening a company; I got really curious, that was a key selling point for me, seemed like a hole was forming at my feet being in Russia I might not be able to dig myself out of and needed a way out.

So I pinged DLS via their website, got an email and then Fred called me really fast. I made my decision on that same day, didn't take me much convincing, he said we would have it all done by the end of the month and we did!

I wired money over, after I did that I did panic a bit the next day or two, mostly because we were just waiting and my head was full of questions and uncertainties. When the money arrived he got to work and I ended up flying to Dubai super early to check it out. I was there for 2 weeks already before the process actually needed to be done, and it flew by like a rocket when it was ready. Mohammad picked me up, super pleasant guy, we talked a lot, he filled out my fingerprints application for me, we went to the medical center where a little robot zipped up and delivered me a cappuccino while I waited for my blood test to be done.

Then we drove over to the IFZA itself, went up to the front desk and I signed the Memorandum of Association and picked up the Trade License and Articles of Formation. Really nice documents there, little gold seals over them, I got some good protectors to keep them in good order. They're clearly a busy bunch though, DLS has a lot on the go, and I'm amazed at just how happy Fred is to just pop up on Telegram at 2 AM and help you out answering a question.

Anyway, the next day my passport arrived, then a few days later the emirates id got delivered to my hotel. and shortly after that the Mashreq personal card; we were done for that trip!

I got on the plane and flew back to my wife on her birthday, kids were with the parents so we had a night out in the center and I told her how excited I was about Dubai and how I actually wanted us to live there. She was already prepared for us spending some of the time of the year there, she had spent the whole month watching videos on Dubai and advice there. She was a bit uncertain to some extent, because she had put so much work into getting me a residency in Russia, but she agreed. There wasn't much of a future for me there sadly, as a non-native fluent speaker and no way to continue business. So Dubai it was.

Fred helped with the business banking application on that same week that I returned, and it was waiting time. This I was super nervous about too, all the plans hinged upon this. My wife was saying we should go to Dubai in a few months so she had time to do stuff, but I convinced her to go within the month; so we did, and here we are!

Yesterday I went and signed for my business bank set up! I got approved in as little as 3 weeks. The only request that came back was for a CV and business plan. I'd spent some of my free time in Dubai putting a business site together, I'd also gone out, slapped on a suit and had professional headshots done; added those to my Linked In and my business site. I also added my trade license to my site and dressed it up nicely, the same with the CV too, maybe it helped. But my requirements were simple, I'm a software developer of ten years, I didn't have a complicated set up, just wanted to grow a business in a neutral country.

Moving into a new apartment tomorrow, will be getting kids to school here. Absolutely loving it.

Oh yeh, get yourself a company stamp when you get to Dubai, you'll need it. They're not expensive, pretty much every lock and key shop you find will make them. They'll want a copy of your trade license and passport though to do it. I was in the Mankhool area, my wife booked me the hotel originally. It's a bit of a cheaper side of town, but there's a ton of shops down there that'll make you a stamp. I got someone on WhatsApp.

Also, another tip. Don't use the Du sim card at the airport. I bought a throwaway Red Mi phone and put the sim in it, but with Du you can't retain the phone number when you switch to a resident plan. Do yourself a favor and get Etisalat. I went with them for my main plan, but I had my personal bank under Du.

If you run into an issue with Mashreq Neo not activating after a couple of days of activating your card, go into your My Id Documents in your profile and see if there's anything outlined in red, in my case I needed to upload my visa. Had a call or two with the reps and then they activated my personal account.

Today I went and met with Fred too, for the first time, went up to his office and just chatted for ages about stuff. Really, really awesome guy.

So this was a bit of a review and a tangent, but I wanted this review to have some substance and experiences to it, because one of the things I did was comb through these reviews before making a decision. So I hope this helps someone out.

Seriously, DLS and Fred are awesome. Do it!
Thanks mate ! Like discussed today in person happy to connect you with other DXB Pack - appreciate the support

My experience with DLS has been exceptional, everything has been delivered and my business bank account in Dubai is working well. Fred went out of his way to answer my questions at all hours of the day. Very organised business. Fred is extremely crypto native and can advise you on specific crypto things in Dubai. I have recommended DLS to many of my friends.

Thanks DLS

How much time should I expect to get a business bank and personal bank account at the moment? I have heard of 2-3 weeks and even 3-4 months. this is a major difference. Thank you in advance.
It will depend on your individual situation and what you bring to the table (background, nationality, own wealth and what form of it, experience in business etc. etc.). and of course luck. Like on big sea and in courts, being at compliance mercy you are in Gods hands ;)

That being said, average time from what I have heard is about 4 weeks or so.

Reactions: Fred
How much time should I expect to get a business bank and personal bank account at the moment? I have heard of 2-3 weeks and even 3-4 months. this is a major difference. Thank you in advance.
It depends on WHO you go with on the Service Provider and Bank side.

We don't approach banks where we need to operate through a Relationship Manager of the Bank to clarify the Compliance as no matter how good you are as a Corporate Service Provider the Relationship Manager puts always additional Time on top of the whole case till he responds then really to the compliance questions - that's even the source of evil when minimum balances and other requirements are coming along the way - all through the Relationship Manager.

So BOTH is true what you have heard and even @JackAlabama can confirm as we got him over time 2 Business Bank Accounts - the one account had compliance running time of 2-3 weeks and the other one 2 months.

Reactions: JackAlabama
It depends on WHO you go with on the Service Provider and Bank side.

We don't approach banks where we need to operate through a Relationship Manager of the Bank to clarify the Compliance as no matter how good you are as a Corporate Service Provider the Relationship Manager puts always additional Time on top of the whole case till he responds then really to the compliance questions - that's even the source of evil when minimum balances and other requirements are coming along the way - all through the Relationship Manager.

So BOTH is true what you have heard and even @JackAlabama can confirm as we got him over time 2 Business Bank Accounts - the one account had compliance running time of 2-3 weeks and the other one 2 months.
Yah, it worked out well with @Fred support.
The banks are very tricky, do not think you can just stop by and open all honky dory by urself like in home country. It is very different.

Reactions: Fred
Hey Fred, it’s D. Unfortunately I can’t reach you on Telegram since weeks with an important issue of my business bank account. Thank you.
Hi mate, did sent you an response - it's not about your Business Bank Account - in fact - you have received it 3 Months ago.

It's about a utility bill for a Crypto Exchange - which is fine - but I told you it takes a bit of time and that we as DLS Dubai need to make it a priority that first everyone get's what he PAID for - same like we did for you.

So please be honest and please don't frame things in the wrong context like you did here.

I don't mind going the extra mile and to help everyone achieving the individual goals however you steal people in same position like you back then the opportunity to achieve there goals by using our service when you frame things like getting a Utility Bill for free for verification of a Crypto Exchange as "Fred can't reach you about Business Bank Account"

Hope this post make things clear and let's see - if this continues to happen - well I make the whole thing here for you guys - it's entirely up to you if you want to keep a community project like DLS Dubai for other people as well or to cause reputation damage by false claims like you did here.

Hi mate, did sent you an response - it's not about your Business Bank Account - in fact - you have received it 3 Months ago.

It's about a utility bill for a Crypto Exchange - which is fine - but I told you it takes a bit of time and that we as DLS Dubai need to make it a priority that first everyone get's what he PAID for - same like we did for you.

So please be honest and please don't frame things in the wrong context like you did here.

I don't mind going the extra mile and to help everyone achieving the individual goals however you steal people in same position like you back then the opportunity to achieve there goals by using our service when you frame things like getting a Utility Bill for free for verification of a Crypto Exchange as "Fred can't reach you about Business Bank Account"

Hope this post make things clear and let's see - if this continues to happen - well I make the whole thing here for you guys - it's entirely up to you if you want to keep a community project like DLS Dubai for other people as well or to cause reputation damage by false claims like you did here.
Thanks for answer, in my opinion I simply wrote here to let you know I am waiting your response when we finalise all the stuffs we talked and I paid for that’s sure you can see. It’s your opinion now. Mine is simply that not nice thing to leave the customer half way alone and say you send all necessary infos after your personal appointment and no answer, ignore his messages for 1 month. It’s not a big deal to drop a message or send an email. I was very cooperative and polite, followed all steps and it’s not about reputation, because until now I was absolutely satisfied with your services but as I said not make sense to make a setup for one goal which won’t work as planned because of some missing small steps (which is everyday practice your professional office imo). And it’s important issue with my business bank account because that’s what I want to use properly. I have a deadline for something, it’s a few taps on keyboard to share your knowledge with the “idiot” customer who not doing these daily as you do. I don’t think I had any negative attitude at all, you could simply close this case just drop me a message with the promised stuff and tell me hey dude please make a comment that issue totally solved and that could be absolutely true. This way there is no winner just an upset customer and provider for no reason. Overall, thanks for the help with the setup.

Thanks for answer, in my opinion I simply wrote here to let you know I am waiting your response when we finalise all the stuffs we talked and I paid for that’s sure you can see. It’s your opinion now. Mine is simply that not nice thing to leave the customer half way alone and say you send all necessary infos after your personal appointment and no answer, ignore his messages for 1 month. It’s not a big deal to drop a message or send an email. I was very cooperative and polite, followed all steps and it’s not about reputation, because until now I was absolutely satisfied with your services but as I said not make sense to make a setup for one goal which won’t work as planned because of some missing small steps (which is everyday practice your professional office imo). And it’s important issue with my business bank account because that’s what I want to use properly. I have a deadline for something, it’s a few taps on keyboard to share your knowledge with the “idiot” customer who not doing these daily as you do. I don’t think I had any negative attitude at all, you could simply close this case just drop me a message with the promised stuff and tell me hey dude please make a comment that issue totally solved and that could be absolutely true. This way there is no winner just an upset customer and provider for no reason. Overall, thanks for the help with the setup.
You have received everything you paid DLS Dubai for.

Dubai Company, Dubai Residence Visa, Dubai Business & Personal Bank Account - basically everything what's included in our Dubai All-Incl. Package.

That's a fact.

Now you try to Blackmail DLS Dubai here to get a Utility Bill to verify a Company Account at a Crypto Exchange by framing here in the absolutely wrong context "Hi Fred can't get hold of you for weeks about the Business Bank Account" which is bulls**t as you are looking for a Utility Bill to verify an Crypto Exchange.

Even worse we register you with real substance and you make us here pressure because you doesn't seem to understand that it takes a month to get actually a real Utility Bill.

So stop making pressure and wait till things are ready OR get yourself a fake Utility Bill but that's for sure nothing we get you.

It's ironic that you paid 2 years ago 15.000 EUR to a lawyer for the same setup - now you paid the half to DLS Dubai - we got you all done and still you want more which is fine bit not everything at no time.

You give the people the hand and they take your arm.

Basically its my own fault by DLS Dubai simply over delivering at a very fair proposal just attracts the wrong audience - lesson learned.

Luckily the majority of the clients are not selfish and do understand how things working and don't try to exploit a good and affordable service like we as DLS Dubai provide.

So wait till your Utility Bill is ready and you have received what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Last year I got ejari from Fred, it was not free but way more affordable than having to do it myself.. It also took some time to get it but it was well worth it, never had problems with local or online banks/brokers/exhanges when using it as a proof of address.

Ok, I think that @Fred is an honest service provider (until proven otherwise) and from what I read most of the issues seems to happen with the compliance department in the banks, which means that the bank is having some sort of problems regarding @mike400 "source of funds". So I will wait for the updates before making any judgments.

That being said, there is something that f*****g irks me and I can't help it!
what's with the new accounts that's being made and only post positive reviews in this thread? like even if they are legit, that's just sketchy AF.

Like @0x1b creating his account on the 15th of july and only have one post and this post is a positive review of @Fred.

Also @DutyFree has a new account that was registered on june 23, and he only made three posts where he surprisingly only posted good reviews of @Fred in these posts.

and last but not least, we have @angltrust who created a new account at Jun 27 and he has two posts where he also surprisingly only posted positive reviews of @Fred in these posts.

I'm not saying that these are fake accounts or anything, it's just extremely sketchy that's all, so I want the admin @Admin or one of the moderators to chime in and take a closer look at these accounts @Martin Everson @Sols.

on the opposite side, we have @JackAlabama who is an active user with an old account who posted a positive review of @Fred, so it seems like some old members in this form tried @Fred service and they were satisfied with it, and that's the kind of review that I want to hear, not reviews from new accounts that only posts positive reviews for @Fred and haven't contributed in any shape or form to this forum at all.

So from my overall research, I would say that @Fred is legit based on what we have seen so far, but I don't like the new accounts that's popping out and only post positive reviews for him, and one of them said that he was invited by @Fred to post his review, so it's plausible that the guy that said that wasn't a member but decided to join to post the review per fred's request, but I want to give @Fred and advice, and tell you that this does more harm than good, and it might sway people away from your services even if these reviews/claims are legitimate, they just look sketchy and it very well could make you lose some credibility points, so it's better to ask for reviews from old members in this form that were pleased with your service like @JackAlabama for example as this will boost your credibility even more.

Good like to you @Fred and to everyone that's doing business with you, and to @mike400 I hope that you sort your issues soon.

Cheers!
The new user part may be less devious than you think. Two reasons:

1. There are a lot of privacy concerns in this industry. They may not want to be associated with a provider based on other things they’ve posted elsewhere, combined with mentioning a provider who obviously has their data.

2. Service providers often ask people to review their services, and the users may not have had an account before. I see nothing wrong with asking for a review as most businesses do it, so long as they don’t influence the outcome.

3. People with negative experiences are more likely to post in the first place, or just come on here repetitively to post about bad experiences. It’s selection bias.

That said, of course a review coming from an old member with thousands of posts would mean more.

(I’m not talking about any specific provider here, nor do I work for any of these companies. I’m just stating that these facts don’t necessarily mean anything bad is going on)

Review of @Fred 's service:

Business bank account application pending - started in September

I am a silent reader but unfortunately my first post in this forum is a bad review.
I have contacted Fred formerly DLS-Dubai to help open a bank account for a new free zone company in Dubai at the beginning of September. End of September he committed to open the account. He received full payment of AED 5,000 in advance in crypto in mid October. In addition he said a change at the Free Zone is necessary for AED 2,000.

The bank application is still not finished I understood that he needed more time from the beginning. But two weeks ago he stopped answering at all, didn't finalise the online application, didn't open the account and has not answered anymore.

I would be happy to resolve with @Fred publicly or in private.

Review of @Fred 's service part 2:

I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with the actions of @Fred. He agreed to refund me full payment in the meantime, but has failed to follow through on his promise. Despite numerous attempts to contact him and resolve the issue, Fred has ignored my calls and messages.

Not only did Fred fail to refund me the money as promised, but he also did not open a bank account or take any steps to rectify the situation. It is clear to me now that Fred never had any intention of honoring his agreement. Instead he has scammed me out of a significant amount of money.

I urge others to be cautious when dealing with @Fred, as he has proven himself to be unreliable and deceitful.

Latest Threads