Our valued sponsor

Do you have any experience with ABC Banking? I have read the review here..

They could have done it like Loyal Bank

FATCA

Seems it's possible for people to get their money in and out from the bank account at loyal bank and they accept US citizens! So what's the problem. If you are into tax evasion or some other stuff you don't want to bank there but other than that it's seems to be okay.
They accept US citizens? sure... I consider to use one of these banks but afraid that they will request lots of documents before and after the account opening stupi#21

For how long have you all been using ABC bank in Mauritius? I just curious because I consider to use them for my next company setup and business.

How is their Internet banking working, is it good you think or slow or anything bad or all good.

ABC Banking Review

Even though ABC Banking is considered to be a relatively ?young? bank, it shows great potential in becoming a major player. Awarded as the best private bank in Mauritius for 2014, a title that they hold for two consecutive years now, ABC Banking is on its way to becoming one of the best banks around. And it?s all because of their continuous effort to provide outstanding service and competitive rates to their clients, both local and international.

One of the things that I learned about banking in Mauritius is that if you get the opportunity to consolidate all your financial transactions in one financial institution, make sure to take it. Not only is it going to make your life easier, it?s also a cost-efficient way to keep track of all your finances. This is primarily the reason why I switched to ABC when it was first starting out. Sure, it might have seemed risky, but when I saw the extensive list of services they had on offer, I was sold. From savings accounts, to home loans, and even a MasterCard Debit card, it?s easy to see that this is a bank where you can make your money work for you. Just check out their consumer banking page online to choose the right account for you.This review is for the invalid1c forum only!

As a businessman, I like to think of my bank as a partner in my growth. I don?t want just any financial institution to watch over my money. I want to create a partnership with a bank that has my best interests at heart, especially if I?m just starting out. Opening a corporate account with ABC is painless enough, with only a minimum opening balance of Rs100,000 (or its equivalent in most major foreign currencies). Compared to those of other corporate banks, The ABC corporate account is designed to be flexible, allowing you easy access to your funds any time.

Since ABC Banking gets its roots from leasing, you also get the value-added service of having a team of dedicated relationship managers provide you with all your vehicle-leasing requirements. Whether you?re looking for a private car for the month or a whole business fleet for your company, you can enjoy hassle-free financing and lease solutions for your transportation needs. As a customer of the bank, you get the privilege of fast approval once you submit your lease requirements. Take it from me, once you get the feel of having your own vehicle around Mauritius, you wouldn?t want to travel any other way. This review is for the invalid1c forum only.

But the best thing about ABC Banking is their extensive list of international banking services. Aside from attractive Forex rates, it?s a big plus for me that I can open accounts in different major currencies. International wire transfer and payments is easy since I have everything I need in just one bank. And if ever I want to play the money market, I can do so with the help of their financial experts. Wherever I am in the world, I can get quick access to their 24-hour customer service.

ABC?s e-banking platform is secure and can be accessed from any part of the world. This is great news if you?re like me who constantly travels around the world for business. Having won the award ?Best Private Bank in Mauritius? for two consecutive years now, ABC Banking has my vote for being the best bank to take care of all my financial needs. I can confidently say that I haven?t just made the best choice; I?ve also made the most practical one that would work for my needs. There?s nothing else I would count on when it comes to managing my future than ABC Banking.

You can visit the bank here, More...
Hi I am new to the forum, but I bank with abc and have found them to be quite difficult and fussy to deal with, they are constantly asking for updates to buisiness plans and contact details and then failing to use any changes and it seems they question every payment into the account,and most out if over a certain amount!! It seems like you exist for their convinence and its an imposition on them to provide efficient banking services.Having said that e ery thing does seem to get sorted out in the end but its a lot of effort to get the simplest thing done!

It will depend on what you have told the bank the business activity is. I have hold an account with them for some time and they didn't asked me for additional information so far. I have received and withdrawed money frequently.

I have only read good reviews about this bank! But they require a reference letter from your current bank and they will go through all your incorporation & personal documents to check every details if it's OK!!

I can confirm Stephen's handling experience with ABC banking (Mauritius). Additional downside is the fact that they refuse payments from brokers or money transfer companies (you have to sign not to do this in the bank account opening formulars). Second they do not provide any term deposit or any other financial service for my account (in contrast to their website where they propagate a lot of services...), i.e the account is just a "box for the money". They propagate that incoming wires are free, which is theoretical correct, but in practice there is a correspondant bank in between which substracted 30€ from a 5k wire transfer. Outgoing transfers are with a 50€ fee, but not sure if additional the correspondant bank fee will apply. On the other side, there are no annual fees like other offshore banks take. As I have no comparison with other offshore banks I don't know if ABC banking is more top or down in the "ranking".

Reactions: proples and lostguy
I can confirm Stephen's handling experience with ABC banking (Mauritius). Additional downside is the fact that they refuse payments from brokers or money transfer companies (you have to sign not to do this in the bank account opening formulars). Second they do not provide any term deposit or any other financial service for my account (in contrast to their website where they propagate a lot of services...), i.e the account is just a "box for the money". They propagate that incoming wires are free, which is theoretical correct, but in practice there is a correspondant bank in between which substracted 30€ from a 5k wire transfer. Outgoing transfers are with a 50€ fee, but not sure if additional the correspondant bank fee will apply. On the other side, there are no annual fees like other offshore banks take. As I have no comparison with other offshore banks I don't know if ABC banking is more top or down in the "ranking".
But they work as an regular bank and have only a small minimum deposit to be maintained! So for me it's a great bank with awesome possibilities to stay offshore!

But they work as an regular bank and have only a small minimum deposit to be maintained! So for me it's a great bank with awesome possibilities to stay offshore!
It works fine for deposit of money (without any other typical banking service). Any transactions if incoming or outgoing are too expensive. The wire from Europe bank to ABC banking account is quite fast, it took only 2 days. In general I have confidence in this bank but only I'm disappointed about wiring fees, the lack of banking services (term deposit, investing) and the prohibition of wiring to broker's or money transfer companies.

Reactions: negon
In general I have confidence in this bank but only I'm disappointed about wiring fees, the lack of banking services (term deposit, investing) and the prohibition of wiring to broker's or money transfer companies.
Most people are disapointed with the fees offshore banks charge. I say, that if you are not satified with it then open an account with your local bank, there is a reason why people want to bank offshore :)

It works fine for deposit of money (without any other typical banking service). Any transactions if incoming or outgoing are too expensive. The wire from Europe bank to ABC banking account is quite fast, it took only 2 days. In general I have confidence in this bank but only I'm disappointed about wiring fees, the lack of banking services (term deposit, investing) and the prohibition of wiring to broker's or money transfer companies.
I don't care about the fee that a bank charge I do more care about how fast they receive International bank transfers and how fast they are send and received! The second thing I care about is how much privacy they provide and how they are handling my support questions.

If you need something for investments and to do some brokerage stuff you need to find another bank, that's good because it keep away all the trouble from this bank.

Where do you bank?

Reactions: negon
Who is your introducer for this bank? mind to share please? :)