Our valued sponsor

Does 2CheckOut allow multiple payment gateways?

bnpsu

Dec 2, 2019
Visit site
For example, I am on 2CO now, selling monthly subscriptions. I want to migrate to Stripe - am I allowed to 'turn off' 2CO's payment gateway, and continue to bill customers on a recurring basis through the old subscriptions and not have a public facing page?

You are allowed to have multiple payment gateways and merchant accounts, but under the new card scheme regulations you must make it easy to cancel subscriptions. As long as your old customers can still manage (i.e. cancel if they want to or aren't getting what they paid for) their subscriptions, you're good from a card scheme compliance perspective.

Details here: https://usa.review.visa.com/content...cuments/visa-new-subscription-rules-flier.pdf

Double check the 2CheckOut Terms and Conditions to see if they have any specifics in there, though.

You are allowed to have multiple payment gateways and merchant accounts, but under the new card scheme regulations you must make it easy to cancel subscriptions. As long as your old customers can still manage (i.e. cancel if they want to or aren't getting what they paid for) their subscriptions, you're good from a card scheme compliance perspective.

Details here: https://usa.review.visa.com/content...cuments/visa-new-subscription-rules-flier.pdf

Double check the 2CheckOut Terms and Conditions to see if they have any specifics in there, though.

Thanks! May I ask from which experience you had this share from?

can they say for example I am not allowed to use multiple?

Thanks! May I ask from which experience you had this share from?
Have worked with hundreds of merchant accounts and across dozens of companies. It's standard practice to have multiple, redundant payment processors and merchant accounts in some industries and even traditional ecommerce when volumes are high enough.

can they say for example I am not allowed to use multiple?
Only if there is an exclusivity clause in their agreement and only if they enforce that clause, so double check the terms and conditions. I have seen some sneaky PSPs try to make merchants sign agreements with exclusivity.

Under card scheme (Visa, Mastercard, and so on) regulations, you are allowed to have multiple merchant accounts.

Latest Threads