Our valued sponsor

Emirates NBD Global Cash Card

Jbb1

Marketplace Seller
Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

Any of you tried Emirates NBD Multicurrency global cash card?

Is it possible to load EUR or USD directly from a foreign currency account or do you need to convert AED when you top up?

Thanks!

load from AED account only, it's not possible to top up a EUR purse from a EUR current account. But the FX rates for this card are better than the one on the site, e.g. USD 3.68 instead of 3.685, EUR 4.09 instead of 4.18

what you are looking for only CITIBANK provides
is it now possible to open an account with Citibank with a russian passport?

Last edited:
is it now possible to open an account with Citibank with a russian passport?
not seen yet - guess to much pressure from CITIBANK US.

However especially with CITIBANK a lot can be sorted with bringing significant amount of money.

HSBC seen already and possibel for RU pp.

Reactions: usdt
Fred are you saying that CITIBANK offers a visa card in USD? you could transfer usd from paypal to it without conversion?
does it offer for fzco?
Yes - you have a smart card who actually debits the required balance you actually pay in.

You are in EU and pay in EUR it debits automatically the EUR balance at no FX.

No Citibank doesn't do SME - they only do Corporate starting 100m$/year turnover same for HSBC.

The foreign banks with local Branch did quit the SME Business in 2013-2015 and Barclay's even did exit the whole region - they did so because that's where the Hot Money sits while with Personal Accounts you can't really run money laundering. So no smart card for FZCOs available.

Yes, but not a card in USD.
Because the FX is actually there business - they claim 1% FX for card spend which is the non-avoidable VISA internal FX rate approx.

Believe me we got this inquiry very often but nothing is available - some Mauritius Banks do indeed issue USD/EUR cards and are able to open for FZCO.

Reactions: yngmind
I have it and it think it's a joke (IMHO).

For example: I have EUR on my Emirates NBD account but I can't load EUR directly to the card !?!?
Instead I have to sell the EUR for AED and then the load the card with AED to buy EUR on it !?!?
Both transactions at their insane exchange rate costs roughly 6-8%. And then you can spend EUR from that card and save 1-2% ATM/POS FX rates. It's a joke!

If you only have AED (like salary etc), you can buy EUR (lose 2-3-4%) and then you can use the card.

I haven't checked other currencies. I guess it's fine for USD but I don't use USD...
For other currencies it's probably pretty useless.

EDIT:
I just got the daily currency alert from Emirates NBD for EUR.
Here's their exchange rate for today (about 7.5% spread):

hDZoLI8.png

Last edited:
I have it and it think it's a joke (IMHO).

For example: I have EUR on my Emirates NBD account but I can't load EUR directly to the card !?!?
Instead I have to sell the EUR for AED and then the load the card with AED to buy EUR on it !?!?
Both transactions at their insane exchange rate costs roughly 6-8%. And then you can spend EUR from that card and save 1-2% ATM/POS FX rates. It's a joke!

If you only have AED (like salary etc), you can buy EUR (lose 2-3-4%) and then you can use the card.

I haven't checked other currencies. I guess it's fine for USD but I don't use USD...
For other currencies it's probably pretty useless.

EDIT:
I just got the daily currency alert from Emirates NBD for EUR.
Here's their exchange rate for today (about 7.5% spread):

View attachment 4502
Thanks for saving me time, I would have tried this.

You can get a multi-currency CC on SQ and you can load AED, USD, EUR, etc. directly - Our Credit Cards: choose your Mastercard or Visa Card | Swissquote
Can you open an account as UAE resident?

Hello,

Any of you tried Emirates NBD Multicurrency global cash card?

Is it possible to load EUR or USD directly from a foreign currency account or do you need to convert AED when you top up?

Thanks!
Yes, it is possible to load EUR or USD directly from a foreign currency account. The Emirates NBD Multicurrency global cash card allows you to load and manage up to 10 different currencies directly from your account. You can also convert AED to any of the supported currencies directly from your account.

Swissquote has branches in CH, LU, UAE.
Do you know what are the Proof of Address requirements in the UAE?A Bank Statement is ok ( with Emirates ID of course )?What are the requirement for credit cards?My bank asked me 60k UAE of deposit...