Our valued sponsor

Epay.com to recieve fiat from Kraken

sinos

Member Plus
Oct 16, 2020
Visit site
I am curious about epay.com, they have advcash deposit as a means to fund account, as well as allow Bitcoin buy/sell through Okcoin. They also have Wire transfer deposit in USD through their Signature Bank correspondent channel. Kraken uses Signature Bank for their USD deposits. So, is there any feedback about Epay.com and can it be used as follows Kraken > epay.com > Local Bank?

As epay is a payment processor, crypto processing can be hidden from my local bank account.

Shout out to @neweraoffshore , any specific feedback about epay.com as you have previously mentioned in your comment

Reactions: uplana
Didn't use epay for a long time. I abandoned epay after they switched from their HSBC bank payouts to frequently changing offshore bank payouts. Don't know which banks for payouts they are using now though, maybe they have a well known and serious bank for payouts again. The origin of the bank where the payout is coming from is of course a big part in the risk management of the receiving bank and therefore may raise more questions than usual.
To answer your question if it can be used as follow: Kraken --> Epay.com --> local bank. Yes. But be aware of the payout bank. Also, I remember that their BTC prices where not actual market prices so the spread was quite expensive.
The good thing with epay.com is, that they don't advertise too much with cryptos and concentrate more on looking like a remittance service, so they look like a very legit MSB from the outside.

Thank you for the review, there is not much to be found .. anyone has any update since this was posted?

Ok, I can see epay doesn't accept crypto deposits but the question raised by the OP is about them accepting fiat from Kraken - is that possible? As far as I know Kraken only allows fiat withdrawals to a bank account in your own name, so the question is - does epay provide you with a bank account in your name for deposits?

Latest Threads