Our valued sponsor

ePayments is gone!

Hi,
Epayments contacted me and asked me to log into my account to regain access.
The system has new KYC process in place:
I had to take a picture of my ID or my passport
I had to take a picture of a proof of address (bank statement or utility bills)
I had to take a selfie without the ID
I had to mention the source of my income: salary, commission
I had to mention the category of my business
My role.

It was all automated, i didn't speak to someone.

So this is the KYC changes that took them nearly one year to implement? :(

Seems absolutely bare minimum to me

Reactions: LisaSimpson
On the day of my last post, I uploaded the documents required by Epayments. It took one week for them to assess my documents. However, I am sure I uploaded a proof of address in PDF.

I received this message today:

Hello!

The documents you provided earlier to confirm the address do not meet our requirements. The status of your application will be changed shortly, and you will receive email notification. After that, please upload a new document in the questionnaire, following all the instructions.

We can accept the following documents as a proof of address:

- A utility bill (electricity, gas, water, fixed-line telephone);
- A bank account/card statement with a list of recent transactions or a bank reference letter with the account balance. Please note:

1) Prepaid card statements are not accepted, but we can review debit and credit card statements;
2) Bank reference letters must display account number and account balance;

- Government correspondence (e.g. documents from the Pension fund or tax notices);
- A mortgage statement.

The document should be in Latin or Cyrillic and given on your name. Also, the document should meet the following requirements:

your first and last name, address, date of issue of the document should be indicated on it, and it must not be older than 6 months;
maximum size - 30Mb;
allowed extensions - JPG, JPEG, PNG, PDF.

We can only accept original documents. In case you are providing the document in a paper format, make sure that the photos you are taking are of the highest quality. If the document is in electronic format, it should be uploaded as PDF.

We can't accept the following formats of the documents:
- screenshots;
- scanned images exported to PDF;
- printed out digital files.
---------------

-----------------
1608787234858.png

Last edited:
For your information, I am not stupid. I don't trust epayments anymore. Epayments insufficiently communicated about this issue. They communicate as if we lost access to a video game. They play with our real money; not some sorts of video game credits.

There are dozens of new EMI's every year. There are lots of fishes in the ocean. I know that in the past, lots of people in the adult business chose Epayments. These people should better join bitsafe.

What could happen if you decide to transfer money to epayments? They may freeze your transfers, they may suspend or close your account.

They have done the same with many of the accounts I made with them in the past, I'm not aware of what the trick is here or what they are out for but I'm sure they play a game.

As you can see from another big thread on here, it looks like they are collecting documents for some reason.

Reactions: extremedox101
lol at epayments. The CEO has fled epayments. People not got any money back yet?

------ start quote

We are fast approaching the end of 2020, in what has been a very challenging year, on a number of fronts, for each of us. We want to reassure you that we are continuing to work our very hardest to resolve the issues, and to re-open as soon as possible, to make 2021 much better for our customers.

We wanted to let you know that Mike Rymanov has resigned as the CEO of the business with effect from the end of the year. The Board agreed that it was the right time for him to move on to other things. His replacement, subject to UK regulatory approvals, will be Simon Davis, who joins us as our Interim CEO. Simon has been working with us since June as a Strategic Advisor to the Board, so he already knows our business well. Simon brings a wealth of Executive experience and capability, which will help us better serve our customers, and build and grow our business going forwards. Before joining us, Simon was the Founder and Chief Executive of the innovative UK protection insurance challenger business known as Guardian Financial Services, an Insurtech business. As an experienced entrepreneur and business leader, he will be helping us to re-establish ourselves in the market, across existing and new markets, while delivering great outcomes for our customers. We are really excited about the future, and look forward to what we expect to be a much more positive 2021.

We wish you all seasons greetings, and look forward to a much better 2021 together.

---- end quote

Reactions: boomy
When I look at the FCA register epayments has these 3 new restrictions from 25 Feb 2021. UK FCA is preventing them from giving clients back their money.

This is very serious whatever epayments did wrong eek¤%&. The business is dead for now.

25 Feb 2021Epayments must not, without prior written consent of the Authority, register nor on-board new customers
Epayments must not, without prior written consent of the Authority, register nor on-board new customers
25 Feb 2021Epayments must not, without prior written consent of the Authority, provide any payment services to existing customers or redeem any e-money
Epayments must not, without prior written consent of the Authority, provide any payment services to existing customers or redeem any e-money
25 Feb 2021Epayments must not issue, without prior written consent of the Authority, any new e-money.
Epayments must not issue, without prior written consent of the Authority, any new e-money.

Reactions: erni
When I look at the FCA register epayments has these 3 new restrictions from 25 Feb 2021. UK FCA is preventing them from giving clients back their money.

This is very serious whatever epayments did wrong eek¤%&. The business is dead for now.

25 Feb 2021Epayments must not, without prior written consent of the Authority, register nor on-board new customers
Epayments must not, without prior written consent of the Authority, register nor on-board new customers
25 Feb 2021Epayments must not, without prior written consent of the Authority, provide any payment services to existing customers or redeem any e-money
Epayments must not, without prior written consent of the Authority, provide any payment services to existing customers or redeem any e-money
25 Feb 2021Epayments must not issue, without prior written consent of the Authority, any new e-money.
Epayments must not issue, without prior written consent of the Authority, any new e-money.
Finally the FCA has decided to take some action! It has been a year now since epayments has blocked all customers accounts.

Seems like things are moving again. ePayments just published these.

Announcement:

We are delighted to announce that we can now take the first steps on a phased reopening of the business. Today, we are able to open for the first groups of our customers to provide refunds. By refunds, we mean enabling our customers to withdraw their funds in full to an account in their name with another institution.This is a big step, not only for us as a Firm, but more importantly for you, our customers.

It is essential that you now follow the process set out in the customer portal and/or the email being sent to you, and provide us with the information requested. Depending on the balance in your account, different refund routes will be made available to you. For many customers, we will still need to collect updated information from you before accessing your funds. There is a straightforward process to follow, so please do read the requirements carefully and complete the information requested.

We then plan to complete the final steps to allow the business to be open for regular use or business as usual. We know this has been a long journey, we thank you again for your patience, and we look forward to providing you with excellent service again.

Q&A:

Following our announcement that we’ve begun to ease the suspension of our activities, we’ve developed some FAQs which we hope will help you with any questions you may have about the process.

Q: What does a refund mean?
A: By refunds, we mean enabling our customers with funds in their eWallets to be returned to their own accounts. In practice, what this means is that we will allow you to transfer the funds from your ePayments account to another account with another provider in your name.

Q: Does the company have enough funds to pay money back to all its customers?
A: We have taken steps to protect customer funds throughout the restriction period. We do not expect that any customers will be unable to retrieve their full funds.

Q: How can I understand if I have been granted access to my funds? When will you contact me?
A: We are working through our customer population. Once we are in a position to invite you for a refund we will send you an email.

Q: I have extenuating circumstances, can I get a refund sooner?
A: We understand the issues that the situation with our suspension may cause customers hardship and we truly apologise for this. If you have extenuating circumstances please inform us by sending a message to support.

Q: I have an ePayments card. Will I be able to use it for refunds?
A: We are currently unable to offer the card as a refund method. If this changes, we will let you know.

Q: Can I transfer funds to pay my bills or send money to my friends?
A: No, your e-Wallet balance can only be paid out to an account in your name.

Q: Can I use my account to deposit funds as well as get refunds?
A: Not immediately, but we are expecting to be able to open for business as usual as soon as possible.

Q: Can I close my account once the funds are withdrawn?
A: Yes, you can.

Q: Can I continue using my account once the funds are withdrawn? Have the Terms and Conditions changed?
A: Currently, full system functionality is restricted, but we expect to be able to re-open for business as usual soon, and we look forward to continuing serving our customers.

The current terms and conditions have not changed. Whenever there’s a change in our processes or systems, we will update our terms and conditions accordingly and notify you. The current terms and conditions, and other important documents can be found here: epayments.com/documents.html.

Q:Why do I need to transfer funds to another account in my name?
A: As we are currently unable to offer full system access, in order to be able to access the balance of your account, the only option we are currently able to offer is to allow you to send funds to another account in your name. Once we are able to offer fuller account access, we will let you know.

Q: Why do you ask me to pass verification again to get access to financial operations?
A: We may ask you to pass verification checks with us again where our records show that in order for you to access your funds, we need more information about you, to complete our records. Where we do ask you to provide further information please do read the requirements carefully and complete the information requested.

So has anyone got their money back? ns2

There has been a short number if clients with small deposits starting to receive funds from Wednesday this week.
Smalll deposits first

No idea what that screenshot says but if you say people are getting their money back then that is a good sign :D.

Reactions: Back2Matters

Latest Threads