Our valued sponsor

few questions...

life

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys... I've mostly been a lurker and really learnt alot. I have a few questions if anyone can help me;

1. What is the best setup for a Real Estate investment company that wants to raise funds to invest in projects in EU/US/Africa and the Middle East (projects such as Below Market Value opportunities; HMO; Buy remodel and sell; New developments and also PPP jobs)

2. What will be the best set up for a VC/PE company that wants to raise capital from investors to invest into start ups in all sectors such as tech, blockchain/crypto, bio etc

3. What is the best way or route to hide property ownership where the real owners name or details won't appear anywhere.

4. What is the route route to set up a crypto/blockchain advisory firm that advises investors on which products to invest in though this firm and also what is the best setup to go for a crypto exchange that will allow people to buy and sell crypto (btc etc, stable and other alt coins)

Thank you for your help in advance.

Reactions: Btraveler
Hi,

In any case, you most likely will invest in real estate through SPVs established in countries where real estate is located. For general / main real estate investment company which would “pool” all these SPVs, I would suggest the Netherlands because of the wide network of treaties for the avoidance of double taxation and special favorable provisions in these treaties which are specifically applied to real estate SPVs owned by Dutch holdings.

As regards investment vehicles to raise capital from investors I would suggest considering Lithuania (EU country) because of favorable tax incentives for such vehicles (0% tax on all income, no withholding tax) and comparable low costs to get all licenses.

I hope this helps. ;)

Hi,

In any case, you most likely will invest in real estate through SPVs established in countries where real estate is located. For general / main real estate investment company which would “pool” all these SPVs, I would suggest the Netherlands because of the wide network of treaties for the avoidance of double taxation and special favorable provisions in these treaties which are specifically applied to real estate SPVs owned by Dutch holdings.

As regards investment vehicles to raise capital from investors I would suggest considering Lithuania (EU country) because of favorable tax incentives for such vehicles (0% tax on all income, no withholding tax) and comparable low costs to get all licenses.

I hope this helps. ;)

Thank you for your response. Setting up the RE Investment holding company in NL sounds interesting but with the level of control going on in the EU now I'm not sure there will be any privacy for the directors or any tax breaks. Is Lithuania credible enough in the eyes of investors? I've been reading on ADGM but not sure whether it's the best way to go in regards to the situation in the M.E region. I just want a solution whether ready made with certifications that allows you to raise money and put into projects but then again don't want huge liabilities and tax burdens so if another other solutions to share I will appreciate.

Thank you for your response. Setting up the RE Investment holding company in NL sounds interesting but with the level of control going on in the EU now I'm not sure there will be any privacy for the directors or any tax breaks. Is Lithuania credible enough in the eyes of investors? I've been reading on ADGM but not sure whether it's the best way to go in regards to the situation in the M.E region. I just want a solution whether ready made with certifications that allows you to raise money and put into projects but then again don't want huge liabilities and tax burdens so if another other solutions to share I will appreciate.

Lithuania is an EU country, so you would have an EU licensed investment fund. Costs to get a license are significant but let’s say 3 -5 times lower than in such countries as Luxemburg (Luxemburg is famous because of fund regulation and most huge international players choose Luxemburg). Lithuania applies a 0% tax on all investment profits of licensed funds. So I would say, from a cost perspective, credibility and tax / regulatory environment it might be a good option.

As regards real estate holding –the Netherlands would not give any privacy, but it can give tax benefits to the real estate investment company. If privacy is also a concern, I would use one special vehicle for privacy above Dutch holding.

Latest Threads