Our valued sponsor

Getting a merchant bank account in USA (Chase bank)

BusinessOne

Mar 22, 2023
Europe
Visit site
I want to get merchant bank accounts from Chase and/or Bank of America, in order to have a more solid alternative to Stripe for processing payments long term.

I am not a citizen nor resident of the US, but I have owned a US LLC for over a year.

Will I be able to open a merchant bank account on these banks without an SSN or ITIN? (I only have an EIN)

If not, will I be able to open the account after applying for an ITIN, or will I be asked for something else?

As an alternative if you get declines by Chase, you can also try with Durango Merchant services, just be careful to what they suggest, some of the processors they referrer to are fraudulent.

Reactions: BusinessOne
I want to get merchant bank accounts from Chase and/or Bank of America, in order to have a more solid alternative to Stripe for processing payments long term.

I am not a citizen nor resident of the US, but I have owned a US LLC for over a year.

Will I be able to open a merchant bank account on these banks without an SSN or ITIN? (I only have an EIN)

If not, will I be able to open the account after applying for an ITIN, or will I be asked for something else?
ITIN is mandatory if you want to open a bank account in traditional US bank as nonresident alien.

I can help with finix, a more solid and better alternative to stripe.

if you want something with more coverage and local/alt payment methods, I can also help with payermax and flutterwave.

Reactions: BusinessOne
False. I have 5 bank accounts in the USA and nobody ever asked me for an ITIN.
False. NY branches asks for it, miami offices not so much

Reactions: boomy
False. NY branches asks for it, miami offices not so much
I'm puzzled as to how you can say that what @saintjohnny user says is wrong. If that's what he has experienced, then it should be correct and not a lie, or am I completely mistaken?

Reactions: boomy
False. I have 5 bank accounts in the USA and nobody ever asked me for an ITIN.
But what about a business bank account with merchant services (Credit card processing). I have heard that requirements for those are greater.

Personal or business account? 4 months ago I called many banks and every one of them told me I need an ITIN, finally I opened business bank of america but ITIN was required. I was in Philadelphia / Wilmington
Should I apply for an ITIN online then? With that will it be enough to open the business accounts?

I'm puzzled as to how you can say that what @saintjohnny user says is wrong. If that's what he has experienced, then it should be correct and not a lie, or am I completely mistaken?
He is mistaken because currently, most banks require an ITIN, though there are exceptions, particularly in Miami, FL. In my experience, Bank of America has been accommodating.
I flew to New York and opened 2 accounts in two well known banks about 6 months ago.
without an ITIN in New York? It might be, but both Wells Fargo and Chase typically require one.
How can you help with finix ,,, Are they accepting worldwide application or Jurisdiction in specific ?
they onboard US and Canadian companies, even if you don't have a local entity, we can still facilitate your onboarding process. Please send me a DM for more information.

He is mistaken because currently, most banks require an ITIN, though there are exceptions, particularly in Miami, FL. In my experience, Bank of America has been accommodating.

without an ITIN in New York? It might be, but both Wells Fargo and Chase typically require one.

they onboard US and Canadian companies, even if you don't have a local entity, we can still facilitate your onboarding process. Please send me a DM for more information.
Thank you !! I can't send a dm .. please do so .