Our valued sponsor

Getting married to get citizenship in a crypto friendly country

RustCohle

Feb 20, 2021
Istanbul
Visit site
First of all: newbie alert, I'm still learning, searching for solutions and evaluating possibilities.

I know the title of this thread sounds controversial, however I would never marry just for citizenship. I figured since I'm single and looking, I might as well be single and looking in Panama, Cyprus, Malta or whatever and get two birds with one stone. What is the best country to grant me fast tax residency/citizenship after marriage that is crypto friendly?

Reactions: troubled soul
First of all: newbie alert, I'm still learning, searching for solutions and evaluating possibilities.

I know the title of this thread sounds controversial, however I would never marry just for citizenship. I figured since I'm single and looking, I might as well be single and looking in Panama, Cyprus, Malta or whatever and get two birds with one stone. What is the best country to grant me fast tax residency/citizenship after marriage that is crypto friendly?
I wouldn’t rely on Panama, Cyprus or Malta giving you any citizenship by marriage. Not saying it’s not possible but you would probably have to speak the language (Spanish, Greek) & have strong local ties (children), and even once you are “entitled” after some years, it could take years to process.
I have the feeling that it will be very very difficult in both Malta and Cyprus. Panama is also basically not known to hand out citizenship anymore. For Europe maybe look at a slightly bigger country where the process is more formalised (Portugal, Luxembourg, Switzerland maybe)... but there you still will have to show good language requirements.

I think also often overlooked is Germany. If you hold 12 months+ crypto is tax free. And also fair and formal citizenship process. If you fulfill the requirements you will eventually get it (unlike very small countries).
They just don’t let you keep any non-EU citizenship. You will have to renounce.

Last edited:
most countries will give you residency if you are married which most of the time implied tax residency if you reside in the country for over 183 days total during the year.
south east asia is perfect for that, thailand, malaysia, philippines ... territorial taxation countries with no capital gains tax for some. on top of that they have very loose rules and don't enforce anything outside their borders so a world of possibilities... you can easily hide everything in offshore structure legally there.

forget about citizenship by marriage, would takes many years and to be fluent in the local language in most cases.
to solve citizenship, assuming its an issue that needs solving, its better move somewhere with little to no taxe, make tons of money and then buy citizenship by investment here and there for a few 100k usd, many options available today I believe.

Reactions: RustCohle
Capo Verde give you citizenship in the very moment you say "I take you to be my wife".
I am sarcastic, but they have for real "instant" citizenship if you marry a local. In case you need an urgent citizenship and you cannot afford to wait months or years with a CBI, that is a quick solution.
you are right, but it does not work for people who haven't fulfilled their military duties if they come from countries that require one, just saying

Reactions: Txaxandlxaxwxyxexr
you are right, but it does not work for people who haven't fulfilled their military duties if they come from countries that require one, just saying
Did not know this. So if you are from a country that require military duties, and you did not fulfilled them, they do not give you the citizenship? But if you come from a country where there is no mandatory military duties or if you fulfilled your military duties you can have it, right?

Did not know this. So if you are from a country that require military duties, and you did not fulfilled them, they do not give you the citizenship? But if you come from a country where there is no mandatory military duties or if you fulfilled your military duties you can have it, right?
Yes so if your country doesnt require that, it will work for you. But it wont work for person like me.

Reactions: Txaxandlxaxwxyxexr

Latest Threads