Our valued sponsor

Has anyone heard of this payment merchant service provider?

Hi, sorry for bumping it, but i think i must share about them so people here will understand that its 100% SCAM
take a look and decide by your self.

Attachments

• webpays1.png
    webpays1.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 192
  • webpays2.png
    webpays2.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 179
Reactions: I'mRobot
The only review you can find for this payment processor is this thread. TrustPilot has zero valid reviews, no surprise.

They are used by some firms that don't do high risk but which are reputable, they are from Netherlands, at least their whois show that country.

What stick in my eyes are the WHOIS PRIVACY, that's not normal for a payment processor that need to comply with the card associations rules. It should be perfectly visible who owns the domain.

Next thing that is not compliant is there are no contact details, company details or something that can legitimate their operation.

Finally I can't find them on the Visa.com vendor list at all, which means they either operate under another name or are not compliant, if it is the latter, you don't want to touch them at all.
I'm not sure that the certificate matters that much these days. One of the banks I use ( large bank, 100+ years old, trillions in assets) doesn't display site ownership information either.

Hi, sorry for bumping it, but i think i must share about them so people here will understand that its 100% SCAM
That does not prove it is a SCAM it just says that they care about the bank they use and don't want to reveal it to every average joe asking stupid question not knowing what he is into!

Reactions: alex40
This definitely means Alex40 is stupid.smi(&%:Dsmi(&%
Then if you are smart you can setup account with them, let's see where's the money goes to,
when i did setup my own MID i was getting forms from the bank itself to sign or at least i got some forms with the company name to sign with , instead of .doc without any company information who i deal with.
also i got my own descriptor , so when someone telling me you will get your own MID with some "generic descriptor" then it will be his shared MID .
and the fact that he didn't response to my last message anymore for me it show that its big potential for scam.

and the fact that he didn't response to my last message anymore for me it show that its big potential for scam.
The difference lies in potential scam and a real scam, you just call scam!

What industry are you into, is it considered high risk ?

Nothing in these messages indicate that Webpays is a scam. You may however not be as experienced in payments processing as you think. The service being advertised by Webpays is very, very common.

I'm not vouching for Webpays, though. Just that the model is common and not by itself an indication that a whole business is fraudulent.

Then if you are smart you can setup account with them, let's see where's the money goes to,
when i did setup my own MID i was getting forms from the bank itself to sign or at least i got some forms with the company name to sign with , instead of .doc without any company information who i deal with.
also i got my own descriptor , so when someone telling me you will get your own MID with some "generic descriptor" then it will be his shared MID .
Hey Alex40 i think you didnt understand the pun when i asked myhand the question.I actually agree with you.

Webpays is run by a BVI-based company. If you work in high-risk areas, I would say these are exactly the types of people you SHOULD work with. All the other processors can shut you down without warning at any time. Speaking from 30 years experience in this business.

We are considering Webpays as one solution for a new project.
Thank you for your review you left. Will have to consider them for my business.

Nothing in these messages indicate that Webpays is a scam. You may however not be as experienced in payments processing as you think. The service being advertised by Webpays is very, very common.

I'm not vouching for Webpays, though. Just that the model is common and not by itself an indication that a whole business is fraudulent.
Hey, I have a sort of dumb question if you don't mind. If you use a merchant account like this (which is shared between many people right?) and it gets terminated, would you and your website be put on the MATCH list?

Hey, I have a sort of dumb question if you don't mind. If you use a merchant account like this (which is shared between many people right?) and it gets terminated, would you and your website be put on the MATCH list?
Most often mot, but it depends on if the merchant account provider has put your business in as a SUB MID which was the case in one of the MAP's I used many years ago and got me into troubles.

Reactions: covid

Latest Threads