Our valued sponsor

Hong Kong Limited, Virtual HKD Bank Account for Stripe

Dixie1313

Aug 20, 2021
Turkey
Visit site
Hello,

I opened a Hong Kong Limited and I need a bank account now. Based of the pandemic situation is it not possible to enter Hong Kong, so I'm looking for alternatives. I found a lot of services which provide HKD account numbers but all I tested have a prefix in the account name.

Example:
Account Name: CURRENXIE - My Company Name

Our website is using stripe. Sadly it's not possible to have any difference between bank account name and business name, so I think that the payouts will be rejected.

I'm looking now for:
A virtual bank with HKD account number and providing Account Name = My Company Name.
A payment provider who accept individual account names.

Any Idea?

Regards

Reactions: uplana
You could check with NEAT if they are able to help you, there are also a lot of other EMI's for HK companies which provide direct IBAN / account numbers for your need.

Alternative there is a RESOURCE section and a Thread in development with all the trusted and reliable providers which are online here on OffshoreCorpTalk and which can help you, only available for Mentor Group Gold members, it can be helpful.

Finally you can Google search the forum, there are many threads around here listing EMI's for HK companies.

Hello,

I opened a Hong Kong Limited and I need a bank account now. Based of the pandemic situation is it not possible to enter Hong Kong, so I'm looking for alternatives. I found a lot of services which provide HKD account numbers but all I tested have a prefix in the account name.

Example:
Account Name: CURRENXIE - My Company Name

Our website is using stripe. Sadly it's not possible to have any difference between bank account name and business name, so I think that the payouts will be rejected.

I'm looking now for:
A virtual bank with HKD account number and providing Account Name = My Company Name.
A payment provider who accept individual account names.

Any Idea?

Regards
Opening a bank account in Hong Kong requires the director to have a physical appearance in the branch. For that reason opening an EMI / FinTech account could be the best alternative way in today's environment (at least your company can use it as a quick backup solution while waiting for a conventional bank account to be opened).

There are different EMI / FincTech companies that you can use to open your account. These EMI / FinTech accounts will work like a traditional bank account in many aspects; you can send and receive money from your buyers and suppliers, and you will also have your IBAN and Swift code.

Regarding the Prefix part that was concerned, I'll suggest to open your account with Airwallex as they do not have Prefix in the account name which means only your company name will appear in money transactions. Airwallex supports 11 currencies, and it is a hot option for many cross-border businesses that always trade globally, both online & offline. Feel free to text me for further queries.

Opening a bank account in Hong Kong requires the director to have a physical appearance in the branch. For that reason opening an EMI / FinTech account could be the best alternative way in today's environment (at least your company can use it as a quick backup solution while waiting for a conventional bank account to be opened).

There are different EMI / FincTech companies that you can use to open your account. These EMI / FinTech accounts will work like a traditional bank account in many aspects; you can send and receive money from your buyers and suppliers, and you will also have your IBAN and Swift code.

Regarding the Prefix part that was concerned, I'll suggest to open your account with Airwallex as they do not have Prefix in the account name which means only your company name will appear in money transactions. Airwallex supports 11 currencies, and it is a hot option for many cross-border businesses that always trade globally, both online & offline. Feel free to text me for further queries.

Do you know if AirWallex allow you to purchase cryptocurrency with their bank ?
if yes to which exchange? My company is based in hong kong

Latest Threads