Our valued sponsor

How is Currenxie now and do it works with Wise?

mytoofood

Mentor Group Lifetime
Dec 2, 2022
Visit site
I must say you understand how to make people nervous about banks and EMI's - I read the thread about Wise and that they are closing accounts in an instant. Now, I would like to spread my 300K euros so that it's not all just with Wise, but rather distributed across 3 - 4 EMI's - I already have a Currenxie account. Are they still reliable or can one transfer money from Wise to Currenxie, are there any problems with that?

I already have a Currenxie account. Are they still reliable or can one transfer money from Wise to Currenxie, are there any problems with that?
Currenxie is reliable but about Wise-Currenxie transfer I cannot say anything (except I do not expect any problem at the Currenxie side).
I use Currenxie recommend,
I second that.
They do not open EU or UK accounts unless that you can provide first a bank statement from a real bank. Only accounts in HK. So unless you could open a bank account with a licensed bank first, you won't get a EU bank account with them.
Can't say about EU or UK accounts but local US accounts they open without showing a bank account with a licensed bank. But beware, from my experience, EU accounts cannot be opened for EU located companies.

I've had an account in one of my companies with them for almost a year now. But I must say I haven't dared to transfer any money to them yet. Everything seems so messy and a bit amateurish compared to Revolut and Wise.

Therefore, it all may well be fine, and it seems that people are happy to use them, but I just have a really bad impression of their user interface.

I've had an account in one of my companies with them for almost a year now. But I must say I haven't dared to transfer any money to them yet. Everything seems so messy and a bit amateurish compared to Revolut and Wise.

Therefore, it all may well be fine, and it seems that people are happy to use them, but I just have a really bad impression of their user interface.
Well, I've never seen the UI of Revolut, I must say; and I saw the UI of Wise for the last time ~2 years ago, so I happily almost do not remember it (but it was not anything extraordinary, IIRC) => I am perfectly happy with Currenxie :)
Seriously – what I evaluate highly at Currenxie is their phone support. If you communicate with some clerk by e-mail, there is always a phone number in the signature and you can directly call this guy, if you think that it helps. It's quite extraordinary, IMO. From what I recall, Wise has phone support, too – but just a generic line; and many EMIs (I guess that the majority) do not offer phone support at all...

Reactions: JohnLocke
Thanks for your opinion @Forester

May I ask how long you have been using them and how large amounts you are processing through them? Do you also leave money with them, or do you only use them as a flow-through service?

Thanks for your opinion @Forester
You are welcome :)
May I ask how long you have been using them
For ~ 2 years...
and how large amounts you are processing through them?
4-5 figures transactions routinely...
Do you also leave money with them, or do you only use them as a flow-through service?
It is definitely not a “classical” flow-through. Some low 6 figures are permanently there, due to the nature of the business... (Feel free to PM me, if you need more details.)