Our valued sponsor

How to accept payment from India (UPI, PayTM and etc)

a112114

Jun 25, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

We have an advertising company in England and we have payments from clients that are based in India, so mostly we've been asked about Paytm, but as I understood we don't exactly have to have paytm, because of UPI.

Questions are:
Am I understood correctly about UPI?
Any Ideas where a UK entity can open an account with UPI?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: troubled soul
Ok, but can a non-india physical person open an account in (for example) Paytm and accept payment via UPI?

Or might be we can open an account in an Indian bank as an entity and accept UPI?
If you have Indian phone number, You can open an account, with Paytm or any UPI based mobile wallet.
But It is very complicated. After 10,000 INR you have to do KYC.
I am not sure they will accept you after 10,000 INR.

Can I give you "Free advice" , tell your customer to use International Debit/Credit card for Payment.
These Paytm and UPI based wallet are only for Local transaction.

Somehow You manage to open account with Indian bank and Paytm.
It make things very complicated.

Most Indian bank employee does not understand English better . They make your life hell.

Better to avoid this Paytm and UPI wallet things.

Most indian bank issue international Debit/credit card .
There will be no issue for your customer.

Even most Indian use their debit card to add money to paytm.
What is the point of Using PAYTM ????

Internetional Credit/debit card -> Paytm/UPI wallet -> You

why you need them ??

Just use direct transaction
Internetional Credit/debit card -> You

Last edited:
We have an advertising company in England and we have payments from clients that are based in India, so mostly we've been asked about Paytm, but as I understood we don't exactly have to have paytm, because of UPI.

Try a company like Dlocal which specializes in supporting emerging market countries local payment methods for merchants. See if they got India working yet.

Try a company like Dlocal which specializes in supporting emerging market countries local payment methods for merchants. See if they got India working yet.

So I was wrong...
There is a way for doing this .

Thanks for sharing.
Sorry for My ignorance.