Our valued sponsor

How to become tax resident in Thailand? (I got rejected)

Little Cayman, Grand Cayman, Barbados, St Kitts, Antigua, etc.. even St Barts if you can stomach the initial tax.

Except Cayman Islands, the other places are plagued with high crime and homicide rates, and they are more expensive than Thailand. Equally corrupt too.

Makes no sense to relocate from Thailand to Barbados to be honest.

Going to Grand Cayman I can understand though.

Reactions: churumbelo
high crime and homicide rates, and they are more expensive than
Depends on spending tastes, and locations

1717329833975.png

no, its not 0% like 0.5% or 0.35% and that penny is enough to get issued a withholding certificate.
Last thing you want is interest...

looks like the new gov will be gone soon ;)
Hoping so, good old coup, military align with China, roll back OECD, and CRS, and give hard no's to international support, open flood-gates to wealth no questions asked, rock and roll baby the beach clubs be pumping again.

Bangkok crackdown on street vendors: Pay up or pave the way

New regulations for vending on streets and in other public areas will soon come into effect. Vendors currently occupying permissible public spaces will be required to pay taxes where applicable.

Eventually, even street vendors whose income does not fall into a taxable bracket must register in the national income database and tax system.
One of my neighbours wifes earned 5,000 a month cleaning 5 properties pools each pool, 25,000 other side hustles 5,000 a month.

Never declared, never paid taxes, should have paid 11,000 a year, was 50(s) so lets say 30yrs = 330,000 tax evasion, one person on the street, 94-96% don't pay taxes, ... add the numbers s**t load of tax evasion.

Last edited:
Very worrying news here... your opinion please as who needs to go (my self at the case) i have to go FAST since in June 30 will be 183 days... New overseas income rules proposed
Your ideas? And where can relocate FAST to get this year tax residency from a zero percent country? Thank you!

If they ever pass this, it would probably start the following year.

Thailand is not known for doing things retroactively. They tend to do grandfathering.

Reactions: churumbelo
If they ever pass this, it would probably start the following year.

Thailand is not known for doing things retroactively. They tend to do grandfathering.
It worries me SERIOUSLY a lot, and I am worrying a lot as they say that they might implement it in 2024. I am looking where I can move asap, ASAP. Here is so big headache for me and ended up every day one more surprise for me. I am giving up.... need to relocate ASAP, 0% country for wordwide income, any suggestion? already packing.

the usual mess.
Looks like joining crs and doing that tax crap changes stopped the sweet sweet dolla flowing freely ;)
Instead of increasing revenue, they might be already sitting at a substantial loss.
Their stock market already implying it, with mainly (agricultural) commodities doing well (which are not really reflective of the internal economy) while other ones more indicative of internal dynamics being down at the same time.

Who could have guessed that happening?
indeed New overseas income rules proposed LOOK and tell me please! Very worrying!

If they do that, bye bye Thailand for me. I might come for less than 180 days a year and that's it. Time to start looking for an alternative.

That's what I think.
Same here for me... News : New overseas income rules proposed anyone knows??? please update! Shall I go immediately? they say that they will implement from 1/2024 please read maybe I am missing something

It worries me SERIOUSLY a lot, and I am worrying a lot as they say that they might implement it in 2024. I am looking where I can move asap, ASAP. Here is so big headache for me and ended up every day one more surprise for me. I am giving up.... need to relocate ASAP, 0% country for wordwide income, any suggestion? already packing.

indeed New overseas income rules proposed LOOK and tell me please! Very worrying!
Philippines as I said. And you can be up to 3 years on a tourist visa + extensions. Territorial system and they haven't signed CRS.

• Love
Reactions: wellington and jafo
Maybe Philippines, but I don't how easy would be to get a TIN there and so on.
they also tax worldwide income, don't they???

Philippines as I said. And you can be up to 3 years on a tourist visa + extensions. Territorial system and they haven't signed CRS.
i need to be getting Tax Residence Certificate from the country I will be in. every year. i am not sure if on tourist visa they give it.

they also tax worldwide income, don't they???

i need to be getting Tax Residence Certificate from the country I will be in. every year. i am not sure if on tourist visa they give it.
I don't know all the specifics but they have a territorial tax system. About getting the tax domicile certificate, I don't know how easy that would be since I have no experience with the country. But if you are there more than, I guess, 180 days, they "should" give it to you. But as I said, no experience on the ground.

Also if you are over 50 I think, they give you permanent resident if you lock €$20k in an account.
https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

I don't know all the specifics but they have a territorial tax system. About getting the tax domicile certificate, I don't know how easy that would be since I have no experience with the country. But if you are there more than, I guess, 180 days, they "should" give it to you. But as I said, no experience on the ground.

Also if you are over 50 I think, they give you permanent resident if you lock €$20k in an account.
https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/
Thanks but as I checked phils are taxing the worldwide income too. It's new and they do tax so it's useless to move there it will be same in TH. Other options that work ? Georgia? Estonia? UAE ?

Thanks but as I checked phils are taxing the worldwide income too. It's new and they do tax so it's useless to move there it will be same in TH. Other options that work ? Georgia? Estonia? UAE ?
https://taxsummaries.pwc.com/philippines/individual/taxes-on-personal-income
Georgia would work I guess. Depending on your passport (most of them accepted) you can be up to 364 days a year on a visa waiver. Registering as a freelance or small company is easy and straightforward for what I have been told.
BTW, review the link I am sharing about the Phillipines.