Our valued sponsor

I am unable to open an EMI bank account for my Maltese company

I have been trying for the past months to open up an EMI bank account for my ecommerce store. Transferwise (wise) has put me on a waiting list which I dont expect to be over anytime soon. Most EMI banks dont accept Malta because it was previously greylisted. It is also very difficult to open a local bank account here. Does anyone have any solutions or have been through something similar.

Thank you.

Generally I agree with @marzio and @Martin Everson; but for a better-founded advice, can you share (or confirm):
– You need an account for your company located in Malta, correct (i.e., not for you as a sole trader)?
– In such a case, you are the director and UBO as well?
– Are you resident of Malta or do you live somewhere else?
– What is your citizenship?
– Your store is already running or are you a start-up?
– What do you trade?
– Who are / will be your customers? Individuals or businesses?
– (Approximately) expected monthly turnover?
– The destinations for incoming and outgoing payments?
– What currencies do you need to operate?

(I presume that you went through this thread Maltese Limited Bank account.)

Have you tried airwallex
IMO, sometimes it is a good option, sometimes not (similarly as e.g. Currenxie) – depending on the information I have asked for...

Generally I agree with @marzio and @Martin Everson; but for a better-founded advice, can you share (or confirm):
– You need an account for your company located in Malta, correct (i.e., not for you as a sole trader)?
– In such a case, you are the director and UBO as well?
– Are you resident of Malta or do you live somewhere else?
– What is your citizenship?
– Your store is already running or are you a start-up?
– What do you trade?
– Who are / will be your customers? Individuals or businesses?
– (Approximately) expected monthly turnover?
– The destinations for incoming and outgoing payments?
– What currencies do you need to operate?

(I presume that you went through this thread Maltese Limited Bank account.)
Hi! And could you please advise any EMI, neobank for a BVI company, a crypto trading firm? The goal to withdraw crypto from corporate accounts at crypto exchanges and to send USD mostly (and EUR sometimes) for different operations services - soft, legal company, office renting, etc. - within EU, to BVI, to USA. 50K-100K monthly turnover.

Hi! And could you please advise any EMI, neobank for a BVI company, a crypto trading firm? The goal to withdraw crypto from corporate accounts at crypto exchanges and to send USD mostly (and EUR sometimes) for different operations services - soft, legal company, office renting, etc. - within EU, to BVI, to USA. 50K-100K monthly turnover.
Sorry. I am not well oriented re: BVI companies and when it is in addition a crypto trading company – I can't give any advice :(

Reactions: Jannyjackson

Sorry. I am not well oriented re: BVI companies and when it is in addition a crypto trading company – I can't give any advice :(
Just one idea have come to my mind: I recalled that EMIs like Currenxie, Statrys and Airwallex (their UK branch) accept BVI companies. Currenxie and Airwallex are definitely not crypto-friendly; but about Statrys I doubt – you can evt. try to ask...

Latest Threads