Our valued sponsor

In need of advice for shareholder services

AlexBiggl

Jun 2, 2020
Visit site
Hello, gentlemen!
A newbie here, at this forum. Would really like to hear your opinions and possible advice regarding my situation.

We are a UK IT startup, and we are looking for tax optimization.
It’s a legit business selling market data online. The reason we are looking for the shareholder is that if we own the company ourselves, the company will be considered a UK resident no matter where it is registered. And the owners are UK citizens.
Currently, we are considering creating companies in Cyprus and Hong Kong. And we are looking for real shareholder services for these two companies. The desired person in our mind has to be either Panama or Costa Rica citizen.
We just need to overcome CFC using a shareholder/UBO from the territorial tax system. And the Panamanian citizens are preferable because they don't have CFC laws there and they have a territorial tax system.
Classic nominees don't work anymore as they used to be. Banks want to know UBO/real beneficiary and send this info to CRS system. So, this is not a traditional nominee service where banks know that there is another person who is UBO/decision-maker.
This person will be UBO and real owner of the company, and we will find some way to control it using trust in BVI. At least, that is the plan.

So the questions are following:
What do you think about this whole idea? Won't this individual from Panama that we are looking for have any problems with Panamanian authorities?

From the forum rules and regulations, I know that it is forbidden to publically promote services. Thus, maybe you could PM me for some company that is from your experience can find such a person? Yeah, we have legal experts working on this whole thing, but we need these residents. And you also could PM me if you are a lawyer who is familiar with Panamanian "stuff".

Last edited:
LOL. Have you talked to a UK accountant about your plan before asking here?
It doesn’t sound like you have done a lot of research.

Hint: If a guy from Panama bought a restaurant in London, do you think HMRC would say: “Oh darn it! Now we can’t get any taxes from that place anymore...”

“Oh darn it! Now we can’t get any taxes from that place anymore...” That really got me XD
But "this" guy from Panama is going to be connected to Cyprus or Hong Kong, no links to UK from this person.

What you want is not only somebody who can own the company, but also nominees.
Essentially you don’t want your name connected to the company at all.
That is obviously both illegal and a big risk - because it will no longer be your company. They can just take your money and run.
Anyway, I don’t think it’s allowed to discuss these things in the public forum. So if you really want to do that (I don’t think it’s a good idea to break the law), then you would probably need the Gold membership.

Reactions: AlexBiggl
What you want is not only somebody who can own the company, but also nominees.
Essentially you don’t want your name connected to the company at all.
That is obviously both illegal and a big risk - because it will no longer be your company. They can just take your money and run.
Anyway, I don’t think it’s allowed to discuss these things in the public forum. So if you really want to do that (I don’t think it’s a good idea to break the law), then you would probably need the Gold membership.
Thank you for the hint!