Our valued sponsor

Insurance company for life insurances

Friends Provident. Perhaps Zurich too. Once you hold the term life insurance with Zurich the residence change doesn’t have any influence, unless it’s written in the T&C.
But can i subscribe while being resident wherever in europe?
(btw i checked zurich, but their webpage basically said "contact our agent".. not so cool so i basically ignored it :))
Generali seems to have what i want, i just don't know if i need to be resident in italy to subscribe..

But can i subscribe while being resident wherever in europe?
(btw i checked zurich, but their webpage basically said "contact our agent".. not so cool so i basically ignored it :))
With Friends Provident it was possible regardless of your residence, unless it was extremely high risk e.g. Afghanistan, Syria etc. You would need to check. You can write to Zurich. What I noticed with Zurich however is that they’ve different rates on local markets. E.g. their rates for term life insurance were much higher in UAE than in Singapore for instance. But Zurich wouldn’t insure you in Singapore if you were not resident at the time of taking the insurance. As I remember Friends Provident didn’t have such market variations.

Reactions: JustAnotherNomad
I know some insurance companies do this also outside of switzerland, but I also know that you pay up to 4000 and 5000 euro a year for such insurance pain¤#"!
the price i saw in the generali website was between 33 and 80€/mo depending on age and length of the insurance.
4000€/yr seems a bit beyond my target.

I also heard there are professional insurances that also include life insurance. Similar to what most companies offer to their employees.
Also usually reasonably priced.
Any suggestion?

Hi KKein, i`m not sure that is a correct question. I deal with expats and have clients that use say Friend Provident in the UK but when they come offshore they are not covered by that policy. I then have to get them covered by an international arm of Friends Provident as lifestyle habits are calculated differently based in different countries. Hong Kong life insurance is more expensive than UK insurance for example as expats drink more when in Hong Kong so are seen as a bigger risk.

Reactions: kkein
the price i saw in the generali website was between 33 and 80€/mo depending on age and length of the insurance.
This looks like the average costs for such insurance. I checked for some years ago and was suprised about the costs which are similar to what is mentioned here. It was a German insurance company.

For which insurance?! @Admin wake up! You are losing credibility in this thread, no details, some German bratwurst company insuring sausages lol. IT ALL depends on the AMOUNT you want to be insured. Yes, it can cost €800 per annum or it can cost €8000 per annum, sky is the limit. You want your life to be insured at €500k or €5M ? You can to be insured until 65 which is the most common choice or you want to be insured until 80? It all matters when it comes to pricing.

Hi KKein, i`m not sure that is a correct question. I deal with expats and have clients that use say Friend Provident in the UK but when they come offshore they are not covered by that policy. I then have to get them covered by an international arm of Friends Provident as lifestyle habits are calculated differently based in different countries. Hong Kong life insurance is more expensive than UK insurance for example as expats drink more when in Hong Kong so are seen as a bigger risk.
What a bulls**t! The fees depend on the regional / market pricing structure and not on the expats drinking habits lol. Let's operate on NUMBERS and FACTS. E.g. Zurich Singapore €1.2M life insurance 31 Male/non smoker, annual premium €1280. Very similar premium was offered by NTUC, which is one of the biggest local insurance company in Singapore. It can be usually cheaper by 10-20% if you are a supermodel with great BMI eating veggies only :) Neither of the company life term insurance cease to exist once you relocate overseas. Now exactly the same life term insurance by Zurich UAE was priced at €2000. Does it mean expats in a MUSLIM country, where alcohol is not readily available on the supermarkets shelfs like in SG and where you need alcohol licence to buy it, drink almost twice more than in Singapore? I doubt.

Of course if you are expat not living in the UK, you will be covered by Friends Provident International (which is geared towards non UK residents) but I doubt that expats who took 30+ year term life insurance from FP UK being legal residents there, had to cease it because they shifted overseas.

For which insurance?! @Admin wake up! You are losing credibility in this thread, no details, some German bratwurst company insuring sausages lol. IT ALL depends on the AMOUNT you want to be insured. Yes, it can cost €800 per annum or it can cost €8000 per annum, sky is the limit. You want your life to be insured at €500k or €5M ? You can to be insured until 65 which is the most common choice or you want to be insured until 80? It all matters when it comes to pricing.
Attacking the Admin of the forum is not the best move! It is a free to speech forum, so if you doubt the offer I got from the German insurance company you can simply ask what it included, but don't attack people here again or I will have to pull the trigger for warning points!

Let's end the discussion here and let's say it was a slip!

• Love
Reactions: BlueMist
Attacking the Admin of the forum is not the best move! It is a free to speech forum, so if you doubt the offer I got from the German insurance company you can simply ask what it included, but don't attack people here again or I will have to pull the trigger for warning points!

Let's end the discussion here and let's say it was a slip!
The tone of my post was not meant to be attacking anyone really, especially the admin :) You wrote something without specifics, some average price of what exactly? Eggs? :) Guys be specific:

Smoking or not
Life term Insurance value
Policy length
Riders (yes/no)
Annual premium quoted
Insurance company

Otherwise I see no reason discussing fees in this thread, as they can be anything. Someone will insure himself on €100k, the other or €1M and someone else on €10m. This will all make the annual premium different.

In addition to my post before, I can say the usual exclusion for life insurance is: - suicide being excluded within 1 year of receiving the policy contract.

Just to clarify, the proposal included to have an address in Switzerland, but not to be resident anywhere else, and the insurance should cover everywhere in the world where I would be. It was back in 2011 - so it included health insurance, live insurance, travel insurance and more.

The Bratwurst company you call it, was Alianz Versicherung and one of their agents.

It does not change much I think, but if any of the readers have doubt or want to get an indication of what Insurance costs they can face, I think it make good sense to mention some fees.

I have seen similar questions with offshore companies, accounting services, banking and the list is long.

@Admin this is exactly my point. "health insurance, live insurance, travel insurance and more." - this is not what the OP was asking I think. I would not confuse health insurance with life insurance. Also the life insurance itself can have some raiders, such as TPI or job loss cover etc. I quote for instance pure life term insurance.

Health insurance can be expensive depending on the market. I pay almost $4k per year for health insurance only, but it gives me access to almost any hospital worldwide apart from USA. However I could also be be paying much less or much more, e.g $10k for Bupa Elite which would cover USA + 2 kids until 10yr free. It all depends on the benefits you include or exclude, insurance value etc.

@Admin this is exactly my point. "health insurance, live insurance, travel insurance and more." - this is not what the OP was asking I think. I would not confuse health insurance with life insurance. Also the life insurance itself can have some raiders, such as TPI or job loss cover etc. I quote for instance pure life term insurance.
but could it be that you can have one insurance that covers it all ?

okay the first price range looks reasonable to me, the 4000€ a year is still ok, I heard of costs of 780€ / month in Germany conf/(%