Our valued sponsor

Investing in Georgia real estate

I paid with a bank transfer, but people were generally enthusiastic for cash deals. I guess it would not be a problem. As far as I get banks would be fine if you show up with a suitcase of cash and some source of funds documents.

I found myhome.ge and ss.ge to be the most useful.
What about Crypto?

Thinking of a homestead in-case all hell breaks out in Western Society that we can bolt to :D
  1. Best site(s) for searching
  2. Lawyers for processing
  3. Location location(s).

What about Crypto?

Thinking of a homestead in-case all hell breaks out in Western Society that we can bolt to :D
  3. Location location(s).
2. I used ExpatHub. I like them. They are Western-y, you don't have to deal with local quirks like "Why come to office, let's meet in a restaurant and drink some wine" and not delivering what was promised.
3. I was looking at Tbilisi. I've heard that Batumi is overpriced. A friend bought a house at some skiing place a few years ago, then some big sport events were announced and it is booming now, he is happy. Don't know details.
Info regarding crypto and sites is a few messages above in this topic, take a look. Cheers.

Reactions: khinkali
What about Crypto?

3. Location location(s).
Western society(?): Georgia is much more European Union than many EU member states.
If you want to have a homestead outside of this sphere of (Western) influence there are many options. However, Georgia is not one of them.

Maybe this -> Egypt issues $700 multiple-entry visa - Egypt Independent is an alternative.
Crypto is popular, albeit officially inexistent.
As a bonus, Georgia and Egypt have a very favourable DTT with each other.
I tried it out for a friend the other day, and it works like a charm. You get it when you arrive, and it lets you stay for 90 days (not that enforced according to customs officers). After that, you could head over to Dubai for a day and then come back for another 90 days. The cool thing is, it's good for up to 5 years, and it only costs $700.

If you add in some visits to places like Hurgada, Gouna, or Sharm El Sheikh, it's a pretty awesome, Thailand like, setup. the difference is The banking is very laid back and it's a good place for crypto, even if it's not officially recognized. It's not perfect, but in my opinion, it's a pretty good deal.

I tried it out for a friend the other day, and it works like a charm. You get it when you arrive, and it lets you stay for 90 days (not that enforced according to customs officers). After that, you could head over to Dubai for a day and then come back for another 90 days. The cool thing is, it's good for up to 5 years, and it only costs $700.

If you add in some visits to places like Hurgada, Gouna, or Sharm El Sheikh, it's a pretty awesome, Thailand like, setup. the difference is The banking is very laid back and it's a good place for crypto, even if it's not officially recognized. It's not perfect, but in my opinion, it's a pretty good deal.
Indeed, it is not a residence visa. I am a bit disappointed that the Egyptians did not go further and make it a real residence visa.
The 90-day rule conflicts with the current 180-day rule for tourist visa extension. It takes some charm out of the new visa.

Last edited:

Latest Threads