Our valued sponsor

Is there a good spanish EMI ?

To open an account at Bnext you have to take a photograph of the front and back of your identification document (DNI, NIE with photo or current Passport), as well as take a selfie so that we can verify your identity.

If you do not have Spanish nationality, you have to scan your NIE with a photo, or if you do not have said document, you must carry out the registration process with a passport.

If you do it with this last mentioned document, you must also provide one of these documents:
  • Certificate of Legal or Tax Residence in Spain.
  • Receipt or proof of application for the NIE in Spain
  • Identification document as a citizen residing in Spain: green NIE or Certificate of Registration of Citizen of the Union and/or TIE (NIE with photo).

Reactions: ImKing and jafo
To open an account at Bnext you have to take a photograph of the front and back of your identification document (DNI, NIE with photo or current Passport), as well as take a selfie so that we can verify your identity.

If you do not have Spanish nationality, you have to scan your NIE with a photo, or if you do not have said document, you must carry out the registration process with a passport.

If you do it with this last mentioned document, you must also provide one of these documents:
  • Identification document as a citizen residing in Spain: green NIE or Certificate of Registration of Citizen of the Union and/or TIE (NIE with photo).
Thanks for the extensive reply

short answer is only resident in spain can get it or NIE without residence is OK ?
I looking for spanish EMI that accepts non-resident, I am resident in another EU country

If it can be a bank, you may want to check out Santander and their current account for non-residents: Non-Resident Mundo Account.
Do you have any experience with them to open an bank account as a non resident?

They won't allow remote account opening as EMI's and Neobanks allow right?

Do you have any experience with them to open an bank account as a non resident?

They won't allow remote account opening as EMI's and Neobanks allow right?

Unfortunately, I have no experience with them, but I've been thinking about opening that account for a long time, maybe in my next visit to Spain I will give them a visit and report back.

According to Santander, "The Mundo Account is a Euro current account with instant access. This account is intended for non-resident individuals who are over 18 years of age," so I guess most of us fulfill the main requirements? :p

Someone posted this on Reddit 7 months ago, not sure if it's true but somehow encouraging:

cb.png

I doubt they won't check anything, Spain is no banana republic (even thus are checking the address) of course they will check all data and information you give them.

Can one get an account with them if one does not live and reside in Spain, or can one not? That is probably a very relevant question, does anyone know?

Can one get an account with them if one does not live and reside in Spain, or can one not? That is probably a very relevant question, does anyone know?
NO: you must also provide one of these documents: Certificate of Legal or Tax Residence in Spain, Identification document as a citizen residing in Spain etc. gru87¤¤

Even if you are non-resident ?
probably not, only a Spanish cell phone number is accepted! gru87¤¤

Why are banks recommended here that only work for Spanish residents? We search only spanish banks, EMIs for non-residents!

Last edited:
Why are banks recommended here that only work for Spanish residents? We search only spanish banks, EMIs for non-residents!

You both got some good recommendations, but you guys want an account in Spain and can't even afford to travel to Spain for a few days, get a Spanish phone number or pay a 16EUR/mo maintenance fee.

What do you even need the Spanish bank for if all of that seems prohibitively expensive? To receive 100EUR?

Better to just move on.

You both got some good recommendations, but you guys want an account in Spain and can't even afford to travel to Spain for a few days, get a Spanish phone number or pay a 16EUR/mo maintenance fee.

What do you even need the Spanish bank for if all of that seems prohibitively expensive? To receive 100EUR?

Better to just move on.
I don't want to pay 16€ a month. All companies in Spain do not adhere to the SEPA rule and even credit cards if they do not come from Spain are rejected if you want to buy something online!!
I hate it so much, that's why I want a Spanish bank account and Spanish credit card but not for 16€ a month.
Normally, I wouldn't need it if Spain stuck to the rule that all international credit cards are accepted and IBANs outside Spain.