Our valued sponsor

Latvia, Cyprus, Belize, Seychelles, Mauritius...which is best?

respect

Offshore Agent
Member Plus
Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

I would like to know what country is the best one to open your bank account when you have a Seychelles IBC.

I have heard good things about Latvia and Cyprus bank accounts but they are in the European Union so I don't know if they can share information with European members.

I have heard that Seychelles banks are slow and rudimentary, that Belize banks are good but they are also slow and that Mauritius banks are REALLY GOOD.

My main requirement is to have a bank account with the IBAN format so I can received payments easily from European Union members.

Thanks

All banks will have IBAN format, no problem so far. Cyprus has and maintain still the banking secrecy thats why most are going for a Cyprus bank account when they do incorporation in the Seychelles. PM me for more details. or search the forum.

Thanks for your reply! And what about getting a PayPal account for your business? For me, as I work 100% online and I make and receive almost 70% of my payments via PayPal, it is crucial to have one. I already have one for my personal use but I think it would be better to have two accounts, one for business and one for personal use.

Reactions: JohnLocke
All European banks have IBAN account numbers. Some say that the USA and Asia has got IBAN accout numbers too, I have not had the chance yet to verify that. In regards to banking. Cyprus, Switzerland and Liechtenstein are still the 3 main countries in the world where the banking information of an customer (we don't speak US citizens) is best protected.

The only way you can protect your privacy additionally and in other offshore jurisdictions is by letting a Trust take over the control of your assets and properties and have a Trustee to manage it all for you on a daily basis. The very wealthy people are actually doing it that way today.

The process to open the bank account with Piraeus and Hellenic bank was total simple and easy for me. Also the bank in Mauritius and St.Vincent was easy task and is all in operation since ever then. The problem that some may face are they hiding information for the bank and when they find out they shut down the account then people start complaining about the bank!

Ok' date=' let me know how the process goes DeMajor
All done, have account with Hellenic and Piraeus Bank Cyprus and it's working with internet banking and 2 currency account. I got payment processing by worldpay.com and 2co.com with company in Dominica! I'm happy. setting up a Cyprus corp with banking in Cyprus and Mauritius and maybe a 3rd bank in Latvia or so.

All done, have account with Hellenic and Piraeus Bank Cyprus and it's working with internet banking and 2 currency account. I got payment processing by worldpay.com and 2co.com with company in Dominica! I'm happy. setting up a Cyprus corp with banking in Cyprus and Mauritius and maybe a 3rd bank in Latvia or so.
For a Dominica company, did you get a real merchant account from worldpay? What was the fees?

Yes got a real merchant account for my company in Dominica' date=' I don't want to tell the fees on a public forum but between 4 - 5%![/quote']
That's not too bad I must say, it seems this is a valid option for payment processing for your offshore company!

I will try with a Cyprus company soon, it seems they are accepting the entity too.
You won't have any problems to apply for an EU merchant account with a Cyprus company, that would be the first time I ever heard of it in all the years ;)

Reactions: negon and DeMajor
You won't have any problems to apply for an EU merchant account with a Cyprus company, that would be the first time I ever heard of it in all the years ;)
Thanks Admin, I was already to post this here. All good guys you can get a reall European Merchant Account for your Cyprus company as easy as if it was a local or UK company. Many payment processors are fine with it and some even revealed to me that Cyprus is part of the EU and therefore they can't refuse to open an merchant account for the company.

What payment processor did you open an account with if it's okay with you to post it here?

OP Did you ever figured it out to what bank you open your next account with?

For me I decided to go with a Belize company and Cyprus account as suggested on this forum, I'm more like what everyone else does can't be wrong man rather than experiencing around with something.