Our valued sponsor

Question Liechtenstein private banking

alextma

Aug 23, 2022
Manchester
Visit site
Dear Member,

Israeli passport holder & tax resident is looking to open private bank account in Lichtenstein to transfer his large savings from his EU / Israeli banks and use its facilities such as credit card etc. Also, potentially for his EU/UK businesses. Would you kindly recommend friendly bank that can facilitate this either online or in person. Many thanks, gentlemen !

Reactions: Marios
Cards can be a little tricky with some of them. Excluding banks that don't issue cards (directly or through partner banks), sorted by roughly what minimum deposit range they expect:

500,000 EUR to 1,000,000 EUR: Bank Frick, Alpinum Bank.

1 – 10 million EUR: LLB, VP Bank.

10+ million EUR: LGT.

They might open corporate accounts as well, if your overall portfolio size is interesting enough and there is profit for them to be made from the business (commensurate with the risk of the business activities).

Forgot about Bendura. I think they are in the 500,000 — 1,000,000 EUR range. Back when they were called Valartis, they used to open personal and corporate accounts left and right, including for offshore companies. Things have tightened since then but they are still quite friendly.

Thank you so so much, how do I start the process. Can I just walk in to the bank with copy of passport,proof of ID & source of funds.
Yes, pretty much. Some let you start the process online, but they don't always follow up on emails.

Reactions: alextma
Thanks, gents.

Which one is most straightforward, even in person ? Also do 500K have to stay in permanently, ie what’s the minimu balance to stay 24/7
Bendura is the most straightforward. You definitely need to leave some money on the account and invest it with their products, probably 500k-1m min but you can discuss.

Reactions: jafo and alextma
Which one is most straightforward, even in person ?
I don't remember any recent experiences of new applicants showing up in person. The cases I've seen have been arranged through introductions or setting appointments in advance. I would say Bendura, VP Bank, and LLB.

Also do 500K have to stay in permanently, ie what’s the minimu balance to stay 24/7
They want to make money off of you. As long as they have a way of doing that, the minimum balance isn't strictly enforced. But if you dip and stay under 500,000 for too long, they may lose interest in you and close the account if you don't go back up to the minimum.

Dear Member,

Israeli passport holder & tax resident is looking to open private bank account in Lichtenstein to transfer his large savings from his EU / Israeli banks and use its facilities such as credit card etc. Also, potentially for his EU/UK businesses. Would you kindly recommend friendly bank that can facilitate this either online or in person. Many thanks, gentlemen !

Hey,

Happy to help you with that. We are partnered with couple banks in Liechtenstein. Drop me an email and let's schedule a call to speak it through.

Dear Member,

Just a question, motivated by curiosity (i.e. not of necessity to be answered :) ) – why did you choose Lichtenstein and not, for example, Switzerland? (I do not think that this was a bad decision, I am just asking.)
Otherwise, I am convinced that @Sols and @JohnnyDoe gave well-founded answers.

Just a question, motivated by curiosity (i.e. not of necessity to be answered :) ) – why did you choose Lichtenstein and not, for example, Switzerland? (I do not think that this was a bad decision, I am just asking.)
Otherwise, I am convinced that @Sols and @JohnnyDoe gave well-founded answers.
We were told it’s Cheaper and less beurocratic than Switzerland

We were told it’s Cheaper and less beurocratic than Switzerland
Well, I cannot tell much about the level of bureaucracy, except for that in Switzerland it is really rising; but – IMO – Lichtenstein is not cheaper than Switzerland... maybe just the opposite. But it depends on the particular bank and the solution offered, of course.

Latest Threads