• Labuan Island
  • Lao
  • Macaco SAR
  • Maldives

Attachments

• 7 - 01 EPRS-Briefing-621872-Listing-tax-havens-by-the-EU-FINAL.PDF
    517.3 KB · Views: 400
According to The Wall Street Journal
The US Treasury plans to oblige legal entities to disclose their ultimate owners. In particular, to make this information available to law enforcement agencies through a single database. This gives the federal government the opportunity to collect information on all owners of companies registered in the United States.
This bill was submitted to Congress and supported by Minister Steven Mnuchin.
Maybe thats why EU did not listed USA

Unofficially, the US is blacklisted in the EU. It's very difficult for an American citizen to open a bank account in the EU, and I will not renew my Wyoming LLC next month, because I haven't found a single bank willing to open an account for it in the EU.

About the list above, it's much too lengthy to be of any use. It includes Turkey, Vietnam and many countries which are far from being tax havens.

Unofficially, the US is blacklisted in the EU. It's very difficult for an American citizen to open a bank account in the EU, and I will not renew my Wyoming LLC next month, because I haven't found a single bank willing to open an account for it in the EU.

About the list above, it's much too lengthy to be of any use. It includes Turkey, Vietnam and many countries which are far from being tax havens.
You have been a fan of Wyoming LLC for a long time with lot's of posts that people should consider it, and now it came to an end just when I started to believe you and looked into Wyoming LLC :D

1. Where is Belgium? As ruled by EU court, Belgium provided illegal state aid to a number of companies from 2015-2017 by giving selective tax advantages for large companies. EU Court Rejects Belgium's State Aid Appeal

2. Where is Luxembourg? It's common knowledge that Luxembourg still in 2018 negotiates sweetheart deals on a case-by-case tax deals with giant corporations instead of referring to their own law. Typical Luxembourgian sweetheart tax deals for giant corps are closed at 1.5 - 2.5%, in rare cases, they are even near zero. LuxLeaks: Luxembourg’s response to an international tax scandal | Financial Times

EU is not kosher enough to point fingers at others. As long as Belgium and Luxemborg are not in "watch list" by minimum, this list is worth zero.

EU non-cooperative tax jurisdictions and high-risk third country lists

• Afghanistan
  • Albania
  • Andorra
  • Anguilla
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Armenia
  • Aruba
  • Bahamas
  • Bahrain
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Bermuda
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Botswana
  • British Virgin Islands
  • Cabo Verde
  • Cayman Islands
  • Cook Islands
  • Cura
  • Dominica
  • Ethiopia
  • Faroe Islands
  • Fiji
  • Former Yugoslav Republic of
  • Macedonia
  • Grenada
  • Greenland
  • Guam
  • Guernsey
  • Guyana
  • Hong Kong SAR
  • Isle of Man
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Jamaica
  • Jersey
  • Jordan
  • Labuan Island
  • Lao
  • Macaco SAR
  • Maldives
Your list is not the same as in the pdf?
Most of them like HK are on watch list and not on the non cooperative list, according to the pdf.

I don't think EU has balls to play such games with US

I want to see how this plays out. Even without US joining CRS the recently formed group called the J5 is sharing intel...lol. The EU and US already Cooperate on cross border tax matters so not entirely sure if CRS is needed in US as FATCA does similar job ;).

Joint Chiefs of Global Tax Enforcement | Internal Revenue Service

------------------------Quote-------------

The J5
comprises the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) and Australian Taxation Office (ATO), the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), the Fiscale Inlichtingen- en Opsporingsdienst (FIOD), HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), and Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation (IRS-CI).

We are convinced that offshore structures and financial instruments, where used to commit tax crime and money laundering, are detrimental to the economic, fiscal, and social interests of our countries. We will work together to investigate those who enable transnational tax crime and money laundering and those who benefit from it. We will also collaborate internationally to reduce the growing threat to tax administrations posed by cryptocurrencies and cybercrime and to make the most of data and technology.

What We Do

To actively bring about change, the J5 will:
  • Develop shared strategies to gather information and intelligence that will strengthen operational cooperation in matters of mutual interest, and target those who seek to commit transnational tax crime, cybercrime and launder the proceeds of crime
  • Drive strategies and procedures to conduct joint investigations and disrupt the activity of those who commit transnational tax crime, cybercrime, and also those who enable and assist money laundering
  • Collaborate on effective communications that reinforce that J5 is working together to tackle transnational tax crime, cybercrime and money laundering.
----------------------------

Reactions: TurnedToRobot

Did you try transferwise borderless?
Is lack of banking the only reason you'll not renew it ?

Did you try transferwise borderless?
Is lack of banking the only reason you'll not renew it ?

No, it was only the tip of the iceberg. It's getting nearly impossible to do business in the EU using an offshore company. Things have changed a lot this year.
Transferwise is not good enough to me. Besides, all my transactions would be in the same currency, within the Euro-zone.

No, it was only the tip of the iceberg. It's getting nearly impossible to do business in the EU using an offshore company. Things have changed a lot this year.
Transferwise is not good enough to me. Besides, all my transactions would be in the same currency, within the Euro-zone.
Do you mean your customers refuse to do business with your us llc? Do they know it's non resident llc?

That's why you need something setup within the EU but which is easy to access from an offshore company. It's going to be very difficult to setup something strong and reliable in the future compared to the past.

t's getting nearly impossible to do business in the EU using an offshore company.

There is a good reason why nearly every single US company doing business in the EU has setup a EU company or branch.

p.s As a customer I would not do business with an unknown US company and end up spending 100000000000000 years in US prison for some unknown violation of their extra-territorial federal law :(.

Setup a Cyprus or other company and be happy. It's easier to do business this way.

A friend of mine opened a bank account for two Delaware companies about a month ago in Czech Fio Bank and in Czech CSOB, but said the Fio is better, bc you get initially EUR/CZK/USD/GBP accounts.

That's why you need something setup within the EU but which is easy to access from an offshore company. It's going to be very difficult to setup something strong and reliable in the future compared to the past.

I know that too well. The problem is that you must have a high margin business to survive. In France and Germany, I've seen good businesses closing, because after paying all taxes, social security and everything, there was no money left for the hard working owners.

Latest Threads