Our valued sponsor

Low tax ecommerce setup for privacy

winjamin

Jun 22, 2020
Visit site
I manage an e-commerce business within the EU and am considering establishing my company in a country renowned for its low tax rates and stringent privacy protections, all while continuing to reside in the EU.

My criteria include securing a bank account or EMI and a merchant agreement for Visa and Mastercard transactions. It's essential to minimize the initial setup costs and protect the UBO's privacy—ideally limiting the disclosure of personal information.

From reading a load of posts, I've identified two potential locations:

Dubai:

• Advantages: Offers significant privacy and a relatively low tax rate of 9%. The new tax regime does not concern me as much as it might others.
  • Challenges: Initial expenses are estimated between €13,000 to €15,000, covering company formation, travel costs, etc. Additionally, there are requirements to visit twice yearly, and maintenance and renewal fees can be substantial.
Hong Kong:

• Advantages: Cost-effective and manageable in terms of long-term operation and sustainability.
  • Challenges: Necessitates a nominee service, the costs of which are uncertain. Recommendations or pricing insights from the community would be valuable.

Are there other jurisdictions that better align with my priorities of privacy and lower formation costs?

Last edited:
Reactions: belarus
However, if one ensures to add substance to their company, such as an office, an employee, and utilities like electricity and internet, then it becomes difficult for tax authorities to argue that corporate taxes should be paid anywhere other than where the company is registered.

OP, what have you found out so far about your company structure and your daily operation of a newly started business?