Our valued sponsor

My Experience with Rietumu Bank please read!!!

Obviously, nobody should touch Rietumu with a barge-pole now. Their upcoming 80 mil EUR fine (due to laundering in France) - they are trying to appeal it, but if it goes through, it will be the last nail in their coffin.

ak2000, how is your Rietumu account?

We are in a similar situation, after providing all requested documentation. Our income is very traceable and clean.

I have a suspicion that they are deliberately holding accounts frozen as long as possible due to liquidity problems. It's a real "bank run" for them, if all shell-companies, as they call them now, would leave altogether.

However, after 2 months notice of account termination, they are contractually obliged to release funds.. By 21st of May we shall see whether they go bankrupt (and we'll have to claim from deposit protection fund up to 100k EUR) or we are able to withdraw full amounts..

We have the same case, if you have any news please inform me.
Thank you!

Hello everybody,
I am in the exact same situation with the frozen account in Rietumu bank since the 19th of March. It is pretty clear that the wanna steal all the money from all our accounts with this bull***t story of the checking documents which I provided right away in a super clear and precise form , but they kept saying the same stories all the time and they are keeping firing and changing the accounts manager on a daily base. Also the accounting manage costs went from 70 Euro to 1000 Euro per month without any notice!
Please can all of you guys that are in the same as my situation write me a PM and organize something together in order to sort it out the situation?
Thanks

Reactions: GCK
Yes, they are in a breach of their own T&C (which they also silently changed on 12th of March) - by contract with their clients they are required to provide 30-days notice before any changes to T&C and 5 days notice to tariffs changes. They provided nothing and did it all behind the scenes. This is unbelievably brazen for a bank operating under EU jurisdiction. Rietumu has Russian roots and style of doing business, but what are they currently trying to pull-off is unseen and outrageous. We are currently looking for a good lawyer in Latvia to bring them to courts with all the evidence of their numerous breaches of service agreements and unauthorized account charges (aka "theft").

Yes, they are in a breach of their own T&C (which they also silently changed on 12th of March) - by contract with their clients they are required to provide 30-days notice before any changes to T&C and 5 days notice to tariffs changes. They provided nothing and did it all behind the scenes. This is unbelievably brazen for a bank operating under EU jurisdiction. Rietumu has Russian roots and style of doing business, but what are they currently trying to pull-off is unseen and outrageous. We are currently looking for a good lawyer in Latvia to bring them to courts with all the evidence of their numerous breaches of service agreements and unauthorized account charges (aka "theft").
One hand with you!

Hi, can you please write me a private message? thanks

@Fxly account still frozen, they keep charging crazy fees every time they review some more stupid document they requested

I have spoken to a few good lawyers in Riga today, plus a few more people I cannot say here

I am going to sue their as* off if they don't pay back every single cent including fees

Let's join forces and kick their as*es

They will not get away with this. In this day and age there are so many ways we can get to them

My money is clean and I have nothing to hide. I will bring these motherf*** down if they don't pay, mark my words.

Email your skype ID to av (at) on2url (dot) net and together we will crush them

Email your skype ID to av (at) on2url (dot) net and together we will crush them
only in this thread and this time I will allow posting of contact details.

I hope you guys get your money back somehow. Most often you need to wtite it off since they will vanish with your hard earned moeny.

Reactions: ak2000
Fortunately I didn't bank with Rietumu, I considered them but at that point in time they already rejected companies from some jurisdictions (so you can't say they were 100% uncompliant...).

My question is:
Can Rietumu affect any EMI or online wallet providers? Are there any services which rely on Rietumu or they are banking with them?

I am based in the EU and have banked with Rietumu since 2013.

My company account was suspended in mid-march for due diligence.

There was no notification of this other than a message on the platform.

I have submitted all compliance documentation 3 weeks ago. Client Contracts, Client/Supplier Invoices, Accounts, Client Testimonials, Beneficial Ownership requirements etc

The account has still not been released.

Account Management fees have been increased from 70 to 1000 Euro since the beginning of April with no notification.

The account manager / bank refuses to communicate by email, only via platform and my daily calls are not answered. Information and any response is difficult to come by.

Does anyone have any advice in how to escalate and expedite the process and/or how to gain access to funds?

At this point I want to close the account and transfer funds to another bank. They have advised that I am unable to do this until the "due diligence" process is complete.

There is a 6 figure amount in the account.

If the bank is insolvent and the “due diligence” process will not complete until the 21st of May. Then EU will only cover 100k of the amount leading to large loss.

All advice appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly same story here.

I am very close to the situation, that's all I can say

Send your skype ID / email to my address above - av (at) on2url (dot) net - email posted with Admin's kind permission

The more we are, the stronger we will be

Together we can crush these m****!!!

Latest Threads