Our valued sponsor

New Mexico EIN and anonymity

Can't help you on your second question, but I am almost certain that nobody else will know your info if you file an EIN application - it's very secure. HOWEVER, just FYI the IRS do send a confirmation letter to your registered address (which goes to your registered agent 99% of the time) which I think has your personal name on it.

HOWEVER, just FYI the IRS do send a confirmation letter to your registered address (which goes to your registered agent 99% of the time) which I think has your personal name on it.
but it will not go straight to the tax office where he lives which may be the important point.

Reactions: TacitusKilgore
You will need to file a pro forma 1040NR, 1120 and 5472. Before you can do so, you will have to apply for an ITIN for yourself, which requires a certified copy of your passport. No one other than the IRS will see anything you file.

Regarding TW, it is very easy to open an account for your NM LLC, just the company docs and your passport/address proof. UK LLP owned by 2 NM LLC adds unnecessary complexity.

You will need to file a pro forma 1040NR, 1120 and 5472. Before you can do so, you will have to apply for an ITIN for yourself, which requires a certified copy of your passport. No one other than the IRS will see anything you file.
but they could exchange the information with the local tax authorities isn't that what they will do?

Assuming it is true today, which may not be. No way to know a year from now with reporting from the date of filing.
No one of us can look into the future but we can prepare us for the future as the best of our knowledge, that's why it is a good idea to discuss matters regarding New Mexico entities here ;)

Once you apply for EIN you will be registered with the IRS as a Member/Owner of US business. Theoretically speaking, IRS could send that information to your country of residence, but in practice, that almost never happens.

Latest Threads