Our valued sponsor

Open bank account for US-LLC at a real US Bank (Single-member, foreign-owned disregarded entity)

MONEY

Jun 20, 2021
Global
Visit site
Online opening:
If the single member and also authorized member of a foreign-owned disregarded entity US-LLC want to open a bank account at a US bank online, is it possible?

The member can provide a ITIN for him as a person, a US mailing address and also the EIN/ US address for the LLC. Is this sufficient to open a bank account at a real US bank (no Fintech like Mercury, Wise, Brex)? What other documents are required for online bank account opening if no agent is used?

In Person opening:
Let's say a LLC is opened in a state like Hawaii, Michigan, Ohio, Arizona, Georgia, Louisiana, etc. Is it possible to open a bank account in person in another state, for example during a visit in New York? Or is there a problem if someone goes to a bank in a another state than the state where the LLC is founded? Any experience with that?

Thank you so much.

I think cross-state (USA) is Ok (my experience Wyoming) as long as "the state allows it", so you need to check that...and why would you open an LLC in: Hawaii, Michigan, Ohio, Arizona, Georgia, Louisiana <<< unless you doing property or oil drilling/prospecting. In any case, I would look at a Holding if you have more than 3 LLC's or a 'Series LLC' and put the Holding in the safest state.