Our valued sponsor

Opening a UK LTD for non-residents to use Stripe as a payment gateway

Same goes for PayPal for that sake

I would be a bit careful with this, especially when it is a new account or sudden location access changes. Have personally gotten a please explain and account limitation, as have a few others, because of this simple fact. Whether they have changed their policy more recently or not, I do not know.

u have ltd along with address

1 - u will do the registration normally
2 - you will add your company address and your address as owner and director with 100% or whatever % you have -- the address can be same not an issue
3 - when it ask for company verification you have the register number of the company
4 - when it ask for your verification submit for them your passport.
5 - when you add bank account then you need UK account and you can do it with TW.
6 - for currency better to add usd same what i did

done =D

Hi mate, what do you suggest is put in the resident address of the owner of the UK ltd if the country is not even in the dropdown list? Should i contact them and be opened about it, or should i lie and say iam a UK resident and put the same company address ?

It's a straight forward process to register a UK company, just go to one of the major company formation websites and follow the steps there, for instant Rapid Formations | Company Formation and Registration £9.99 ultra easy sometimes they are a little slow but you get it all setup nicely.
This looks interesting. Was checking out wyoming llc but since getting ein is difficult at the moment a UK company would be quicker.
I just need a quick, simple company solution for an online coaching business so I can receive payment and send invoices.
Does transferwise work with stripe? I have accounts with both already

Reactions: lory
This looks interesting. Was checking out wyoming llc but since getting ein is difficult at the moment a UK company would be quicker.
I just need a quick, simple company solution for an online coaching business so I can receive payment and send invoices.
Does transferwise work with stripe? I have accounts with both already
Did you setup the company in the UK and how is it going, how complicated is it to setup a stripe account for this company? Any information that can help me get a better inside of a setup would be thankful.

Did you setup the company in the UK and how is it going, how complicated is it to setup a stripe account for this company? Any information that can help me get a better inside of a setup would be thankful.
no not yet. Still shopping around for simple steady solution while BE resident.
UK could be perhaps be good temp solution as it can be closed quickly.

Reactions: lory
I found a service somewhere else that is selling stealth Stripe accounts with EMI's for about $200 - the accounts are not verified and he claim you can do it afterwards. I don't believe this to be valid but if someone has heard or even tested it, maybe you can shim in and let us know.

I need help if anyone can help:

- I've set up a UK LTD
- Have Transferwise set up
- Have a UK number
- Have VPN set to UK
- Sat up Stripe and connected everything
- Started my website and made some sales
- Stripe asked me fir ID for verification purposes (I don't live in the UK nor US), and as soon as I sent it to them they emailed back and said my business can no longer be supported as it's considered High risk. Tried to contact them many times but they're not responding.

Any help?

Stripe preformed a credit check and you have no credit at the UK address or you did not put a UK address when you registered the company.

Get yourself a nominee who lives in the UK.

No I don't work at stripe but I have been opening them for offshore clients mostly from South America and Africa which are not supported.

So by trial and error we relised that if you are not UK/EU resident then you need to register at an UK address. The UK company registered address and trading addresss must be in the UK, the website "contact us" address must be in the UK.

DO NOT use any of these call forwarding services as they buy a block of numbers and those numbers will eventually get black listed.
Use a pre pay simcard and VPN or static IP on your device that you use to access the account.
Open a UK bank account with an EMI and your good.

If that all sounds too much then get a nominee.

Reactions: Andy Dufresne
what did they say to you, maybe you can paste the e-mail (without sensitive data) here?
Below is the email I received from them. I left the website link as well in case you can check it and maybe see something I'm not seeing.

Hi Moataz,

Thank you for completing our verification process. Unfortunately, we still won't be able to accept payments for www.wstctrl.com moving forward.

Stripe can only support users with a low risk of customer disputes—after reviewing your submitted information and website, it does seem like your business presents a higher level of risk than we can currently support.

Reserved funds that will help cover any disputes or refunds on your account will be transferred out at the end of the reserve period. Please refer to your dashboard for more information regarding your reserve[1].

We're sorry that we can't offer ongoing service, and we wish you the best of luck with your business.

Best,

Stripe

No I don't work at stripe but I have been opening them for offshore clients mostly from South America and Africa which are not supported.

So by trial and error we relised that if you are not UK/EU resident then you need to register at an UK address. The UK company registered address and trading addresss must be in the UK, the website "contact us" address must be in the UK.

DO NOT use any of these call forwarding services as they buy a block of numbers and those numbers will eventually get black listed.
Use a pre pay simcard and VPN or static IP on your device that you use to access the account.
Open a UK bank account with an EMI and your good.

If that all sounds too much then get a nominee.

-I have a UK company registered with a registered work address, or did you mean personal address?
- In the Contact Us section, I have a form that a client can complete and we receive it by email, true I don't have an address or a phone number there but so is so many other working websites.
- I'm using a service called (Sonetel) for the calls (monthly subscription) not cheap by any means, also I only use Stripe website using the VPN for UK (also tested)
- For the bank account, I'm using Transferwise, which also a lot of people use.

They did however ask me to upload a copy of my passport and driving license which are of course not in the UK, how ever if I have a legally registered business and every other thing is order, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Latest Threads