Our valued sponsor

Paysera suspend monetary transactions with Russia!

Of course China makes some of their own chips. How else could they sell so much junk. But their outdated, previous-generation semiconductors are made with Western machinery. They do not have the technical expertise, the modern machinery, or the ability to make the modern machinery to produce current generation semiconductors.

Just as they had to use antiquated pens until they recently learned how to manufacture their own ballpoint pens, they cannot make current-generation semiconductors. All such semiconductors must come from a handful of Western nations.

As I already said: "The West could prevent both Russia and China from ever advancing further into the technological age by simply cutting off semiconductors and newer versions of the machines that make them."

You claim that you "Did basic AND advanced research as well." Not True. Otherwise, you would know this. This information is well known -- and a major reason that China covets Taiwan and its techology.
Obviously you did not a proper research, and you didn’t even read what I wrote.
The two exascale supercomputers are built over OWN chip design.
Btw they master 7nm design and are close to 5nm, and pretty much 40% of cars and industrial chips are from China.

Irrelevant. Because Russia cannot pump oil from the ground -- or pump natural gas through its pipelines -- without the foreign semiconductors necessary to work its oilfield machinery, equipment, and infrastructure.
that’s pretty much hilarious!
Iran come under western sanctions a decade ago, they have no problem to pump oil and gas.

Obviously you did not a proper research, and you didn’t even read what I wrote.
The two exascale supercomputers are built over OWN chip design.
Btw they master 7nm design and are close to 5nm, and pretty much 40% of cars and industrial chips are from China.
You have poor reading comprehension. This is the third time that I am saying it: "The West could prevent both Russia and China from ever advancing further into the technological age by simply cutting off semiconductors and newer versions of the machines that make them."

7nm design and 5nm design are irrelevant. That is from Western technology, purchased by China. That is the past. I am talking about the future, such as 3nm chips. They do not have the technological capacity to design or manufacture new generation semiconductors on their own. China cannot upgrade Semiconductor technology on its own. They rely on the West, which allows China to use older generation chips after it is no longer cutting-edge technology. China only produces what it can copy from the West. Just like China could not make its own ballpoint pens for over fifty years. The same principle applies.

So, I will now say it for a fourth and final time, so that perhaps you will finally understand: "The West could prevent both Russia and China from ever advancing further into the technological age by simply cutting off semiconductors and newer versions of the machines that make them."

Without Western technology, China cannot escape "the middle-income trap" that very few third-world countries have managed to overcome.

Last edited:
You have poor reading comprehension. This is the third time that I am saying it: "The West could prevent both Russia and China from ever advancing further into the technological age by simply cutting off semiconductors and newer versions of the machines that make them."

7nm design and 5nm design are irrelevant. That is from Western technology, purchased by China. That is the past. I am talking about the future, such as 3nm chips. They do not have the technological capacity to design or manufacture new generation semiconductors on their own. China cannot upgrade Semiconductor technology on its own. They rely on the West, which allows China to use older generation chips after it is no longer cutting-edge technology. China only produces what it can copy from the West. Just like China could not make its own ballpoint pens for over fifty years. The same principle applies.

So, I will now say it for a fourth and final time, so that perhaps you will finally understand: "The West could prevent both Russia and China from ever advancing further into the technological age by simply cutting off semiconductors and newer versions of the machines that make them."

Without Western technology, China cannot escape "the middle-income trap" that very few third-world countries have managed to overcome.
Believing that China is some 3rd world country that can't make their own pens is what got the west in trouble in the first place. But it looks like the "west" hasn't learnt just yet. After all, like Bismarck would put it, what we learn from history is that no one learns from history. Even the recent one.

Believing that China is some 3rd world country that can't make their own pens is what got the west in trouble in the first place. But it looks like the "west" hasn't learnt just yet. After all, like Bismarck would put it, what we learn from history is that no one learns from history. Even the recent one.
So, when state-owned Chinese steel firm Taiyuan Iron & Steel announced that it had finally created a ballpoint pen -- and celebrated that fact -- and when the state-run Chinese broadcaster CCTV hosted three manufacturing chief executives in an hour-long talk show discussing what the country could do to solve the ballpoint pen problem, this was simply a Chinese disinformation campaign to make China look as bad as possible to the West? They secretly had ballpoint pens all along and simply scrapped the billions of pens that they had imported from the West for over fifty years?

This rises to a new level of non compos mentis.

Without China’s tech EUSSR and US won’t even get 5G in their countries, but yeah, they are underdeveloped country, your right… thu&¤#

I don't know much Lithuania, I've only been there a few days, but I've been living in Riga, where people remember very well the horrors the Russians have done. I've also been living a few months in Odessa, without seeing or hearing about any Azov nazi soldier.

Anyhow, it's Russia who has attacked Ukraine. A real war attack with huge military power, that makes it impossible for me to side with Russia. I'll support anyone to help Ukraine, I'll support banks, too.

Latest Threads