Our valued sponsor

Private bank account and broker, no business, EU citizen based in UAE, who do you bank with?

wheelspin

Oct 5, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking for a suitable solution for some private bank accounts with some reputable banks for holding mostly ETF/shares and some cash in multiple currencies. net worth 8 figures.

Facts:
- EU citizen (GER) living in UAE on a freelance visa without obligation to work
- No business, wealth inherited, no black money
- Valid tax certificate already obtained, all ties are severed, tax-wise everything is clear
- currently holding 95% of the assets at IBKR (Ireland, not US) and living off capital gains and dividends (EUR, USD) plus long-term bonds
- AED banking accounts at Mashreq and ADCB for daily expenses / bills
- EUR/USD bank account in Germany (DKB) with low amount of cash
- some cryptos and gold (stored in Switzerland)

What we need:
Diversification of brokers and bank accounts to keep everything safe just in case of frozen or unaccessible accounts. He travels around the world and would need some good credit cards with low fees for multiple currencies.
Maybe there will be some loan needed in future for financing real estate.

Where to start? Who do you bank with?

Some brokers in Switzerland and Liechtenstein have hefty fees for just buying ETFs / bonds / stocks instead of grabbing their products and advice. Guy knows how to manage his investments, it's more to put a layer of security (apart from setting up a trust).

Swiss banks are becoming competitive with fees lately , have you looked at any?
Also a few brokers here in Cyprus I know with long history, with good fees and they are also willing to negotiate fees - let me know i might be able to help with this.

Hope this Helps

Latest Threads