Our valued sponsor

RAK uae CORP + VISA

It's called license in UAE. And with license you are able to make business. You incorporate FZE with license and this license have every year renewal fees. That's how UAE make money.
But it's not very expensive or how much is the renewal fee?

But it's not very expensive or how much is the renewal fee?

Depends on type of license. For RAK FZE you can get licenses between 3-5k USD. If you incorporate you pay government fees for incorporation and VISA + you pay license fee for the first year.

Freelancer license is cheaper there are only 2k USD renewal fee every year. So freelancer incorporation is cheaper because of license, no incorporation of company + only 2 year VISA.

Freelancer license is cheaper there are only 2k USD renewal fee every year. So freelancer incorporation is cheaper because of license, no incorporation of company + only 2 year VISA.
This would work for a simple Internet business or does it require something else?

It seems that paying 4000 for a trade license, visit UAE twice a year and living tax free is not a bad idea, but I think it won't be that simple.

Don't even think about this. I know a husband and wife from UK that did this and were recently caught by HMRC. They are having to sell their Dubai Marina apartment in a fire sale to settle back taxes and jail is potentially their next home.

Don't even think about this. I know a husband and wife from UK that did this and were recently caught by HMRC. They are having to sell their Dubai Marina apartment in a fire sale to settle back taxes and jail is potentially their next home.
I see nothing wrong with that if they actually lived there (or travelled the world).
If they kept their activities in the UK, I understand it's probably not okay.

What argumentation did the HMRC use? (Or any experience from someone else from another country)

This would work for a simple Internet business or does it require something else?

Yes you can check government website or use an introducer to see which licenses they provide.

If privacy matters you can use freelancer permit as your entry into UAE / residence and make your business with another company.

What argumentation did the HMRC use? (Or any experience from someone else from another country)

HMRC never explain what triggers a tax investigation as it is all part of their tactics of keeping you in the dark over what evidence they have on you - hence making a defense is difficult. However, I suspect his wifes Facebook posts didn't agree with facts of their full-time Dubai residency...simple mistake to make :(.

Yes you can check government website or use an introducer to see which licenses they provide.

If privacy matters you can use freelancer permit as your entry into UAE / residence and make your business with another company.
Great, thank you. Do you have a company setup in with a freelancer license or other? Mind to mention who you used for this task?

I decided for FZE but got all informations about freelancer permit too.

If required I can send you government website as PM and you can do your own research.

Did everything by myself so took me a while.

Last edited by a moderator: