Our valued sponsor

Registering a US company without listing my name ANYWHERE?

irraecal

Nov 27, 2023
US
Visit site
Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster here.

As stated in the title, I am looking to register a company in any country (note: I am a US citizen) while refraining from my name appearing on any documents. It's imperative that I am able to conduct usual business duties (opening a bank account associated with this company (I can most likely handle this), paying tax, and more). I fear that offshore is not right for me, due to the stigma of crime being associated, so many verification checks exist (form of ID, documents proving your address, etc)

When opening a company domestically many moons ago, it was only required of me to provide my name, SSN, and other details... no pictures or shipping of my driver's license or passport, no sending bills to confirm my residency. Is it possible to organize my company structure in a way where my name does not appear on the documents? If this is not plausible, I have people willing to put their name down on the company documents, but I don't feel comfortable opening a bank account or paying taxes using their name for obvious reasons. Is it even possible to pay tax for this company with my name not being listed, in the first place?

I am open to all ideas. Thanks everyone!

This is factually inaccurate. You don't need to provide any personal information at all, if you use a registered agent (which most do).
You are correct, it appears I misremembered. I fear the government will still know who owns the company through tax filings or the Corporate Transparency Act however...

I see in a previous post you said a bank account can be opened with the supporting EIN letter from the IRS because it has the the name of the manager/s that applied for it, which confuses me. Does this mean my name is listed here? If so, it seems opening a bank account with the company anonymously is out of the picture. On top of that, how can one even begin to file taxes for the company anonymously?

This is factually inaccurate. You don't need to provide any personal information at all, if you use a registered agent (which most do).
I'm also curious how the registered agent (a private company) can confirm ones identity (SSN, etc)?

Reactions: TrustChet
It's true that a New Mexico LLC can offer a level of privacy as personal details may not be required for public records. Using a registered agent can further enhance privacy, as they can act as the public face of the LLC. However, remember that this doesn't equate to complete anonymity, especially from government entities. Regarding tax filings, the IRS will require information about the true ownership of the company. The Corporate Transparency Act, designed to combat money laundering and financial crimes, mandates disclosure of beneficial ownership information to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN). So, while public records might not reveal your name, the government will have access to ownership information.
Keep in mind, When opening a bank account for your LLC, the bank will typically require the EIN (Employer Identification Number), which is obtained from the IRS. The application for an EIN does require the name and SSN of the responsible party. This means that while you might not appear in public records, the bank and the IRS will have knowledge of your involvement with the LLC.
Filing taxes for a company without revealing your identity to the tax authorities is not feasible. The IRS will need to know the identities of the people involved in the company for tax purposes.
And lastly, Registered agents primarily provide a legal address for service of process and may handle basic compliance tasks. They do verify the identity of their clients to comply with legal standards, but this information is not necessarily made public.
to sum up, what you are looking for is not possible in any legal way

Reactions: GPT and archer
Is it possible to organize my company structure in a way where my name does not appear on the documents? If this is not plausible, I have people willing to put their name down on the company documents, but I don't feel comfortable opening a bank account or paying taxes using their name for obvious reasons. Is it even possible to pay tax for this company with my name not being listed, in the first place?
You want to use the company among others to pay your taxes. By definition there is then a connection established between you and the company for both the government and the bank.

What you want... is very difficult. Are you willing to pay that price?

The new BOI form requirement for US LLCs kills all anonymity. Better find a new country to incorporate in.
It wasnt anonymous with regards to the US government before the BOI form either. And if incorporating in a new country it's not going to be anonymous with regards to the government in that country - and that country may share info with other countries.

To get anonymity you got to use mentor group tactics.

It wasnt anonymous with regards to the US government before the BOI form either. And if incorporating in a new country it's not going to be anonymous with regards to the government in that country - and that country may share info with other countries.

To get anonymity you got to use mentor group tactics.
It's not too hard to figure it out. If you want your name out of everything, you need to use someone else's company. If the US government knowing doesn't bother you, then find a state that doesn't make your name public.

It would be quite an achievement to be able to register a company in any country without the authorities knowing who the owner is. You can probably hide your identity by using nominees for everything except the authorities. Otherwise, it definitely requires some other tools to completely remove your name.

Reactions: GPT

Latest Threads