Our valued sponsor

Relocate to Switzerland, how to?

How many of you guys are from Switzerland? sounds like you are a few around here :D
Well, its (was?) a popular spot similar to Dubai these days and many ambitious do/did live there for work or business and even more have just bank accounts there… some of us here on the forum might have been even around during the golden old days of banking which are all gone today.

A colleague of mine returned to Germany after years in Switzerland, because he could no longer make ends meet with his 120k income in Bern and the wages in Germany have now also reached 6 figures in IT.
That seems to be above average salary there.

i have read the thread and him moving to switzerland will get him a saving of arround 90k in taxes.
So my realistic question was since he was looking for lugano which isn't cheap either how much of these 90k will stay after adding all the additional costs he will have to pay which he currently has not.

You clearly never lived in switzerland for a time to realise what costs can come to you which are horrible high compared to other european countries when trying to uphold your standard
There is no mistake when even swiss people ask these question because the world is not just black and white
so you will need to read all his posts again.. you missed a serious important part which will make your post not valid!

A colleague of mine returned to Germany after years in Switzerland, because he could no longer make ends meet with his 120k income in Bern and the wages in Germany have now also reached 6 figures in IT.
If you compare Switzerland with Germany, India, UK, Romania, Bulgaria or the Bahamas - I agree 100% it is f*****g expensive and not worth to even consider a relocation.

BUT

If you live in a country with the worlds highest tax rate and living costs, believe me, Switzerland is a paradise, the living costs there are lower not to speak about the taxes which are halving if you just choose Lugano. If you choose Zug you cut your taxes with almost 38% !! So for all these people that say stay away from Switzerland because it is ultra expensive, YES STAY AWAY if you are a citizen of some of the above already mentioned counties.

For all those who only read half of my posts, I can agree with @CoinMaster read again.

did you included the risk of the recession.......anyways wish you good luck for me switzerland was to shitty compared to other countries expecially should you need another non EU passport which you get in switzerland after 10 years

Reactions: EliasIT
I would recommend you to spend in Switzerland in winter from December to February, for example, because then there are sub-zero temperatures and snow. Then you get an idea of the heating costs and costs for a winterized car.
Most of homes in Switzerland have some form of communal heating system, either multi-tiered homes, or apartments or buildings.

Ours has hot water and heating provided for the entire area for example.

Electricity is usually cheap as its produced in-land using the the natural environment.

Reactions: JohnLocke
For Switzerland don't forget to consider:
* wealth tax on all worldwide assets
* if you buy a place instead of renting, tax on the inputed deemed rental income of what your home would rent out for... added to your tax base
* very good but very expensive health care insurance and costs

I don't understand what's the point are you trying to convey.

The point is that the paper shows that there are some places more affordable than other in Switzerland based on the language you speak, your household, your income level and personal preferences so anybody who wants to relocate can make an informded decision.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe

Latest Threads