Our valued sponsor

Remote car registration in Europe

davideu

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
Is it possible to remotely register a car in any EEA country? I'll purchase a car in one EU country but I want it to be registered in any other EU country (not for tax or privacy reasons). I would register a company in that EU country and would put the car under that company's name and register in that country. Is there a country in the EU/EEA which allows you to register your company just by sending photos of the car?

It's true for individuals but if I reside in EU country A but I have a company in which I'm the director in EU country B then I can drive that car in country A legally because the company in country B couldn't register its company car in country A even if it wanted to.

So I'm looking for a country in the EEA where I can register my car remotely. I'll form a company there, I'll buy the car in an EU country with my company and then I should be able to register it remotely. The latter is the tricky part.

Important: the car is not outside the EU!

I'd buy the car locally or I would pay a company to bring the car into the country but I'd buy the car with my company which company would be registered in the country which allows remote registration. I think I'll move to another EU country and this is much more convenient this way. If I were to register the car locally, then I'd have to deregister it again, then register it in the other country then when if I move elsewhere then I have to do the same process again. It's a lot of hassle, time and money of course.

If my car would be registered in an independent location and would be owned by my company then I could use it everywhere in Europe and I wouldn't have to register, deregister, etc. when I move.

It doesn't work like this. When you import a car to a country, there has to be an official checking the car' serial number. Germany is even worse, with the same process when you export the car. One person must see the car and look at the serial number on the chassis before handing out export plates.

I guess the only solution would be with a new car, with the dealer handling all the paperwork for you

Latest Threads